SAU Community

Trying to find a straight forward answer and see if anyone has had any experience with a 20det ecu in a plus T.
So I have a 20de ecu running in my plus T, stock injectors have been cleaned and a walbro 255 installed with adjustable fpr. It runs fine, boost fine, only on 5psi to be safe but looking to bump it up to about 7-10psi and was wondering if the red 20det injectors will work with the install of a 20det R32 ecu, I have found someone saying the timing is different and therefore will pre ignite etc. Surely someone has experience with this, my other option is a $130 speedlab chip for a plus T to run with red injectors. 

These aren’t the answers I’m looking for, I’m asking if anyone has done it before. Obviously a decent ecu and det motor will be the best option (which in the future I will go for) but for now I am asking a simple question 

Oh sorry, I will try again. Yeah will work sweet. That's why every does it and reccomends it all the time.

Is that a better answer? May be the one you are looking for?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Oh sorry, I will try again. Yeah will work sweet. That's why every does it and reccomends it all the time.

Is that a better answer? May be the one you are looking for?

Bingo - you get the prize - that's the answer he was looking for !

But Nistune makes better sense ...

1 hour ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Have a read of these threads and make up your mind yourself, it will prevent more shit being thrown at you

Not sure what your point is Rusty. I didn't read all the way through but the main point is most people (except a fellow Kiwi I know!) used some kind of tuning device - power fc or emanage etc.  No one is saying that you can't add a turbo to a DE motor (although its not the best option) but rather that its difficult to account for different compression ratios, injectors etc without any means of tuning as the OP proposes. 

1 hour ago, daninchainz said:

Nope asking if anyone has done it? no one deals with nistune in my area otherwise that’d be fine 

Nistune tuners were hard to find when I started modifying my RB centuries ago so I had a guy modify an R32 ecu to suit but by now most tuners have come on board even though they would rather sell you a Link or a Motec. What is you nearest city?

16 minutes ago, daninchainz said:

Didn’t know the plus T had so much hate ?

It's not that. It's the willingness to ghetto the management. It's like the $3.50 needed to buy the turbo and manifold off some failed project is available, and not a cent more.

Just now, daninchainz said:

Wellington region 

OK my contacts are in Auckland, Tauranga and Christchurch but try a PM to Lithium  on this site and ask him if he knows anyone who will tune Nistunes in Wellington. You can buy the actual board direct from Nistune but they sometimes come up on TradeMe.

But we're talking about New Zealand here. You can drive from Wellington to anywhere else in the Nth Island in what? 6 hours? Where I grew up we used to drive that far on a Saturday night just to go to the speedway.

Edited by GTSBoy