SAU Community

260rs and GTR ECU pinouts

Taffozone

As the title says

Ive put a 33gtr engine and gearbox I  my s1 stagea.

The 260rs and GTR pinouts are not the same as all of the pin out diagrams I've found and I've even got the r33 workshop manual with wireing diagrams.

On all diagrams pins 26 and 27 are rear AFM. Pins 34 and 35 are front AFM and pin 54 is throttle valve switch

I have got a 260rs a r32gtr and a r33gtr ECU to engine loom and all 3 ecu ends are the same for the pinouts. Pins 26 and 27 are the same as the ECU diagrams but pins 34 and 35 are not the front AFM as they are at pins 36 and 37 and that pin and pin 54 is not the throttle valve switch.

Dose anyone know what pins 34 and 35 and 54 are

I need to know this as the first 33gtr/stagea ECU to engine loom I made up is no good as soon as the battery is connected with out the ECU plugged in and with the key out of the ignition the dash is all lite up like if the key was in. When I pull the 2 plug apart I  the engine bay that connects the engine loom to engine bay loom the dash lights up with key in ignition. So I got a proper 260rs ECU to engine loom.

When I came to plug the small plug of the engine loom to engine bay loom that's when I noticed that the 260rs loom only uses 1 of the plugs and where the old rb25/auto useds both plugs. I figured out that most of the wires in the black plugs is auto wires to old ECU as that 4 of the wires In the white plug goes to pins 9 19 35 and 54.

Pone wire goes to pin 9 that is A/C relay one wire hose to pin 19 that is power steering switch and the other 2 wires to to pins 35 and pin 54.

A/C wire and power steering wire in the white plug in the engine bay loom I found but the other 2 wires in that plug I dont no where they go.

So all I  all what I need to know is what is pin 35 and pin 54 on the ecu and where does the 2 unknown wire in engine bay loom go to.

Any help on this will be much appreciated as I've been scratching ma head for the last 2 days (well 24hrs) to try and figger this out. 

2 hours ago, Taffozone said:

As the title says

Ive put a 33gtr engine and gearbox I  my s1 stagea.

The 260rs and GTR pinouts are not the same as all of the pin out diagrams I've found and I've even got the r33 workshop manual with wireing diagrams.

On all diagrams pins 26 and 27 are rear AFM. Pins 34 and 35 are front AFM and pin 54 is throttle valve switch

I have got a 260rs a r32gtr and a r33gtr ECU to engine loom and all 3 ecu ends are the same for the pinouts. Pins 26 and 27 are the same as the ECU diagrams but pins 34 and 35 are not the front AFM as they are at pins 36 and 37 and that pin and pin 54 is not the throttle valve switch.

Dose anyone know what pins 34 and 35 and 54 are

I need to know this as the first 33gtr/stagea ECU to engine loom I made up is no good as soon as the battery is connected with out the ECU plugged in and with the key out of the ignition the dash is all lite up like if the key was in. When I pull the 2 plug apart I  the engine bay that connects the engine loom to engine bay loom the dash lights up with key in ignition. So I got a proper 260rs ECU to engine loom.

When I came to plug the small plug of the engine loom to engine bay loom that's when I noticed that the 260rs loom only uses 1 of the plugs and where the old rb25/auto useds both plugs. I figured out that most of the wires in the black plugs is auto wires to old ECU as that 4 of the wires In the white plug goes to pins 9 19 35 and 54.

Pone wire goes to pin 9 that is A/C relay one wire hose to pin 19 that is power steering switch and the other 2 wires to to pins 35 and pin 54.

A/C wire and power steering wire in the white plug in the engine bay loom I found but the other 2 wires in that plug I dont no where they go.

So all I  all what I need to know is what is pin 35 and pin 54 on the ecu and where does the 2 unknown wire in engine bay loom go to.

Any help on this will be much appreciated as I've been scratching ma head for the last 2 days (well 24hrs) to try and figger this out. 

What pinout diagram do you have? Looking at an R32GTR pinout it is as you say for 26,27,34,35 and 54.

I'll have a look at my Stagea manual and see if there is a different pinout.

24 minutes ago, Taffozone said:

The pin out diagrams I have are 2 that are 32/33gtr and 1 33gtr and 1 that just say gtr and they are all the same.

That will be grate.

Ok the Stagea manual says for RB26DETT just the same as the R32 GTR manual. Maybe you have the wrong loom or its got damaged? What ecu do you have? What is the number on it?

Have you got all of the loom from the engine to the ecu? i.e. did you get the ecu and loom complete that came with the engine?

I am goin to be using the 260rs loom as the first loom of a 33gtr/stagea did not work.

The 260rs loom is untouched and no damage at all to any wires or ECU plug so it's a std 260rs loom.

2 wires from the small white plug I've traced to pins 9 and 19 there fine its just the 2 wires ive traced to pins 35 and 54 that's the problem and where they go in the engine bay that.

22 minutes ago, Taffozone said:

I am goin to be using the 260rs loom as the first loom of a 33gtr/stagea did not work.

The 260rs loom is untouched and no damage at all to any wires or ECU plug so it's a std 260rs loom.

2 wires from the small white plug I've traced to pins 9 and 19 there fine its just the 2 wires ive traced to pins 35 and 54 that's the problem and where they go in the engine bay that.

35 is the front AFM and 54 is throttle as above. So your 260RS loom plugs in to the ecu and goes all the way to the engine without a break? Look up the number on the ecu. I'll see if I can verify it tomorrow - its way past my bedtime.

Found another chart with wire colours which may or may not apply to you. Actually I'll just send you the chart

Pinouts -nissan-rb26dett.pdf

Ok but the front afm wires in the 260rs loom plug gose to pins 36 and 37 and the throttle valve switch wire hose from the the throttle switch to the pin 54 in the 260rs loom plug so the 2 wires in the white plug tracing them vis the wire colours and via a multimeter go to pins 35 and 54.

Must say the ECU and the 33gtr ecu to engine loom came from the same car and the 260rs loom is identical the gtr loom with the only difference being the injector resistor plug is by the white plug that's nxt yo the headlight. 

8 minutes ago, Taffozone said:

Ok but the front afm wires in the 260rs loom plug gose to pins 36 and 37 and the throttle valve switch wire hose from the the throttle switch to the pin 54 in the 260rs loom plug so the 2 wires in the white plug tracing them vis the wire colours and via a multimeter go to pins 35 and 54.

Must say the ECU and the 33gtr ecu to engine loom came from the same car and the 260rs loom is identical the gtr loom with the only difference being the injector resistor plug is by the white plug that's nxt yo the headlight. 

Don't know what white plug your are talking about - maybe take some pics 

And post up your ecu number something probably starting with 23710

The white plug is the plug that the engine bay loom plugs into the engine to ECU loom by the passenger headlight on the stagea. The engine bay loom had a black plug and white plug but the black plug is not used as it holds the automatic transmission wires to the engine to ECU loom. 

Yes I will get pics of the white plug on the stagea and of the 26rs loom as well as the ECU plug where the 2 wires go to pins 35 and 55 as well as afm wires to pins 36 and 37 plus ecu number.

1st pic is the white plug with the 4 wires labelled to where they go according to ECU pin out diagrams.

2nd pic is of the wires in pins 35 36 and 37. The 2 wires taped together are the front AFM in pins 36 and 37 the single wire is in pin 35 but evu pin out diagrams say that the afm but as you can see it is not.

3rd pin is the 2 plugs on the stagea engine bay loom. The black plug in at the bk is all auto wires but the 2 wires in the white plug that are not got tape on are the ones I don't no where they end up on the stagea.

4th pic is as you can see the ECU 

20200420_181844.jpg

20200420_181924.jpg

20200420_182409.jpg

20200420_182120.jpg

Your ecu number looks legit which is a pity because if it were wrong that would be an easy fix.

As for the rest I have no idea. I have had three C34 Stageas but I put an RB30 in the last one. I do not have an RB26 to look at. I imagine they will fairly rare up your way but have you been on the GTR UK site?  https://www.gtr.co.uk/forums/

There may be someone up your way. Sorry I have run out of ideas!

If I could figure out what the 2 untapped wire are In the 3rd pick that are in the stagea engine bay loom i could prob figuer out what pin thay go to on the ECU.

There are only a hand full of s1 or s2 stageas that have had a rb26 swap here in the uk but they are not using a std gtr ECU as they are using aftermarket ECUs.

7 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Just wire it like the R33 GTR? Why even bother messing about? Just make the right sensor wires go to the right ECU pins.

Becos that ECU and gtr loom came from the same car and the 260rs loom is the very same.

All the wires colours goin to the ECU plug in both loom are the same. 

But like I say in my last post if I can find out what the 2 untapped wires are in the 3rd pic I could work out what the are in the ecu.

I think i'm catching up. You have a white plug on the stagea engine bay loom with 2 wires that don't have matching wires in the GTR ECU loom?  Funnily enough I have a 32 GTR and a S1 auto stagea here but it's pretty much impossible to trace the wires in an assembled engine bay, and to ensure it is hard that particular plug is behind the washer bottle on my stagea.

Do you have the stagea engine bay loom to trace them to their other end? 

You need info from the stagea workshop manual to be sure, on 32 GTR:

* Pink. Pin 17 on Auto trans computer in 32 GTS4. Don't know what this is because only have GTR manual with no auto

* Blue/Red. Blue/Red is ACC power on a 32 GTR loom. 

Wires are almost always the same colour on both sides of a plug but of course your looms are from 2 different series (32 GTR vs 34 stagea). I think you need to work through the Stagea manual wiring and don't assume the pins were same between 32 and C34 plugs just because they physically fit!

Engine bay loom is still in the stagea 

What is pin 17 on auto trans in 32.

The only wires that are the same colour on both plugs are the big yellow wire big white wire and the big black with white trace wire.

If the 4 small wires wear the same colours ied just swap them around in the plug but no stagea std engine bay loom got to be different to stagea 260rs engine to ECU loom 

yup. I just had a quick flick through the 3,200 pages of stagea workshop manual and couldn't find the detailed wiring diagrams.

I think you need to pull the loom from the stagea and trace it unless someone has done this before and got the answer handy.

Logically the (non Auto Trans) plug carries the main ECU power supplies, and ECU sensors that are on the body not engine - AFM, Air Con pressure switch, Power Steer switch, boost solenoid, aircon fans?