SAU Community

260rs and GTR ECU pinouts

Taffozone

54 minutes ago, Taffozone said:

I had the same problem looking through the stagea manual you sent.

Pulling the engine bay loom out is not of the question for me.

You have to accept that the ecu pinout diagrams are correct. Then you start from the ecu end of the loom and apply power to the appropriate terminal of the loom plug and see where it comes out in the engine bay and make sure there is a connection through to where it is supposed to go. I suppose you know that you can't just use a multimeter in the engine bay end because many of the ecu pins do not supply a current but act as an earth.

• Like 1

The RS260 does have some different wiring. I found when I went to a Haltech ecu, when I turned the engine off the magnetic clutch on the AC compressor would cut in and flatten the battery.See attatched is the ecu that came out of my carDSC_1624.thumb.JPG.d90c174de6771b6d6814bc8d2ed1d5be.JPG

I have figured out what these 2 are.

Pink wire is the line pressure solenoid valve (dropping resistor) 

And the blue with red trace and silver dot is the aac valve. 

So the question now is what is the line pressure solenoid control valve. 

Is it to do with the auto box of is it ti do with the 4wd pump that's on top of the rear diff for the centre diff.

20200420_182409.jpg

1 hour ago, kimbod said:

The RS260 does have some different wiring. I found when I went to a Haltech ecu, when I turned the engine off the magnetic clutch on the AC compressor would cut in and flatten the battery.See attatched is the ecu that came out of my carDSC_1624.thumb.JPG.d90c174de6771b6d6814bc8d2ed1d5be.JPG

Dont have to worry about AC as I've removed it as the pump was not working and there was no gas in the system. 

2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

You have to accept that the ecu pinout diagrams are correct. Then you start from the ecu end of the loom and apply power to the appropriate terminal of the loom plug and see where it comes out in the engine bay and make sure there is a connection through to where it is supposed to go. I suppose you know that you can't just use a multimeter in the engine bay end because many of the ecu pins do not supply a current but act as an earth.

ECU is not plug into the gtr/stagea loom I made up.

260rs loom is on the floor and engine bay loom is hanging out the front.

7 hours ago, Taffozone said:

I have figured out what these 2 are.

Pink wire is the line pressure solenoid valve (dropping resistor) 

And the blue with red trace and silver dot is the aac valve. 

So the question now is what is the line pressure solenoid control valve. 

Is it to do with the auto box of is it ti do with the 4wd pump that's on top of the rear diff for the centre diff.

I'm assuming "line pressure solenoid valve (dropping resistor)" was google's translation of that wire? It should terminate at a 2 pin plug just in front of the strut tower.

I am 99% sure that is the factory boost control solenoid and therefore probably not required as you almost always have a separate boost control system, either standalone or inside an aftermarket ECU.  I don't have a pic of the plug because mine is removed

10 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I'm assuming "line pressure solenoid valve (dropping resistor)" was google's translation of that wire? It should terminate at a 2 pin plug just in front of the strut tower.

I am 99% sure that is the factory boost control solenoid and therefore probably not required as you almost always have a separate boost control system, either standalone or inside an aftermarket ECU.  I don't have a pic of the plug because mine is removed

No it was from the stagea ECU pin out diagrams I got and the resistor is located on the side of the chassis leg nxt to the radiator on the drivers side 

Stagea std boost control solenoid is in the same place as a 33gtst but from what I can see by looking st 260rs pic via Google the boost solenoid is inbetween the brake master cylinder and the inner wing where the throttle cable goes through the bulkhead.

Not bothered about boost control at the moment as I'll b just using waste gate pressure.