SAU Community

Rust Prevention

So I just got bodywork done my car as I had rust forming near both strut towers in the engine bay. I put the strut bolts back on and it dug into the paint and now I have bare metal exposed in the engine bay. What should I use to prevent rust from forming on the bare metal? I just spent a pretty penny getting the rust taken care of and I would hate to have to take care of it again. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should use to prevent this from happening?

IMG_0726.jpg

Might be a common mod, but it's not real good mechanically. A layer of adhesive vinyl (ie, clear contact) might be OK, because at least you're not adding something compressible into the connection. I certainly wouldn't want to put a disc of clear plastic with what looks like a 1.5mm thickness under the bolt head alone as a washer. That is not clever engineering practice.

i would leave it as it, the torque from doing up the nuts will take the paint off no matter what you do touching it with some random shit paint will make it look worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...