SAU Community

R34 GTR AWD and ABS lights are on need help!

Hey guys I have a 2001 series 2 R34 GTR and  the 4WD and ABS lights are on and I have no idea how to approach it. Car was running great up until one day I had a flat tire because a wheel cracked. Then I have replaced all four tires and hope it will go away but unfortunately it didn’t. I have tried the following methods but have no luck ? 

-checked the consult port but there’s no cable wired in for pin 4 (probably because it’s just a base model and not a V-Spec) (see attachment)

-I tried looking at the trunk for the blinking red light on the attessa ECU (below the hicas ecu) but do not see anything.

-I checked the fluid level and it’s all good.

-I can hear the attessa pump kicks in when I put the car in accessories mode so I know the pump is definitely not the problem 

-tried wiggling the TPS sensor (as someone suggested on forums) and no luck ?

-Tires are 265/35/18 and all at 35PSI

Any input will be welcomed! Thank you!

DD6F2919-4DD4-42D6-BD41-E64599E3EB24.jpeg

Edited by ggr34

11 minutes ago, ggr34 said:

Hey guys I have a 2001 r34 series 2 and I have the 4WD and ABS lights on and I have no idea how to approach it. I have tried the following method and have no luck :(

- checking the consult port but there’s no cable wired in for pin 4 (probably because it’s just a base model and not a V-Spec) (see attached picture)

-I tried looking at the trunk for the blinking red light on the attessa ECU (below the hicas ecu) but do not see anything.

-I checked the fluid level and it’s all good.

any input will be welcomed! Thank you!

DD6F2919-4DD4-42D6-BD41-E64599E3EB24.jpeg

See if this helps:

Or this

31 minutes ago, ggr34 said:

Hey man I appreciate your help but unfortunately none of them related to my problem :(

? It looked like your problem was that you were trying to short out the wrong pins. 

Check ABS sensors that lines up to ABS rings on all axles - happened to me a while back after done what you've gone through mine is R33 GTR, had same problem and somehow I decided to crawl underneath rear end for some reason I can't remember at the time (still can't remember now) and I noticed one of sensor didn't line up to ABS rings on rear left CV, pushed the CV back in the diff and problem went away. 

Also, have a look at tyres and see if they all are the same, if one is slightly off, it'll do that, also happened to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

? It looked like your problem was that you were trying to short out the wrong pins. 

I’m pretty that’s the right pin. In order to get the attessa to display the error code you will have to short out the forth pin at top roll and the first pin at the bottom roll. As you can see in the picture I have attached, theres no cable going into the forth pin at the top. Correct me if I’m wrong 

1 hour ago, Gg.r34 said:

I’m pretty that’s the right pin. In order to get the attessa to display the error code you will have to short out the forth pin at top roll and the first pin at the bottom roll. As you can see in the picture I have attached, theres no cable going into the forth pin at the top. Correct me if I’m wrong 

I thought the two links I supplied corrected you. Both suggest its two adjacent pins either bottom left or top right depending on orientation. And its certainly not the case that you have to have a V spec to do this.