SAU Community

R32 rb20det not getting accecories or reds

Hey guy so I got my r32 as rb25det with dodgy wiring and had nothing but problems so I've ditched that and gone back to rb20det with high mount 3064 and ffp etc but went back to stock loom, car cranks but I'm not getting accecories or reds on my dash and nothing else works besides it cranks.

I'm wondering if there was some wiring done to the body loom or fuse box to make the 25 work, keep in mind I'm useless with wiring so if u could send links that would be very helpful or just dumb it down for me haha I've done all the work myself and I think it will be something basic and dumb. 

Wow...big project to take on if you aren't confident with wiring....lucky you didn't have to drive it to work today ?

Best guess is the ECU doesn't have power. Presumably the fuel pump doesn't prime either. But to actually work it out I'd go methodically from the start by checking there is battery power going into the key switch, and that the key switch is working OK (ie, the switch side gives continuity between BAT and ACC in ACC, BAT, ACC and IGN in IGN and BAT and Start in Start.) Next step take ECU out out and check there is BAT where there should be, then IGN where there should be (I don't think ECU uses ACC, but check that too if it does). Keep in mind, in rb25/26 (not sure about RB20 but probably the same) the ECU turns itself on and off by earthing a pin on the ECCS relay, that is the next place to check (ECCS relay earth is turned on by ECU, relay has power supply)

• Like 2