SAU Community

Plazmaman fuel rail issue

Hi all

In the middle of assembling a dual feel plazmaman fuel rail with 6AN fittings to a standard RB25DET lower manifold and the centre 90 deg. -6 fitting is fouling up against the manifold. Theres no issues when i fit the injectors and the spacers are all at equal heights (they didnt machine the slots on the mounting tabs big enough either but thats a separate issue) so i was just wondering how others have gotten around this? Yea, i could just plug up the centre port and run it as a single feed rail but was pretty keen on the dual setup. 

How much is it fouling? If it's only a small clearance you need, then you can remove some material from the contact spot of the manifold.

Or, you could make some other sort of fitting there with the appropriate thread and a short length of stainless tube to take the AN fitting away from the contact spot. Welded together, of course.

I did think about that but just didnt know how much i could hog out before it affected the integrity of that water jacket it sits above of. It does foul a fair bit...but you know what, you just gave me an idea. The standard -6 fitting has a decent radius in the elbow so i think if used a -6 male to female swivel adapter instead that should solve my problem :) 

Thanks mate!