SAU Community

Engine wont start

Taffozone

Its a s1 Stagea rs4 auto.

Rb25 and auto box removed. Rb25/auto Engine to ECU loom removed and replaced with a 260rs engine to ECU loom fitted.

Coil amp tested and works fine and a second amp used as off a running 32gtr.

33gtr cas swapped for a 32gtr and a 33gtst.

Injectors dropped resistor swapped off a working 32gtr.

Gtr ECU I got with engine had also been swapped for a 33gtr ECU.

Everything I can thing of had been swap force good working item but the engine will still not start/run the engine will turn over.

Any help on this. 

What sort of voltage should I see at the cas when the engine is not turning over and when its turning over same thing for injectors and the injector dropping resistor. 

image.png.6f18c96dc01361cd86642a9c02a29ce0.png
cranking or not, it gets 12 volts. You can’t measure the outputs with a multi meter, you need an oscilloscope for that 

I think you have made too many assumptions with your wiring. Has the ecu got the required power supplies and earths connected?

Pull the plug out of the ecu and assuming that the pinout diagrams ( they all say the same thing) are correct, test every wire to see if it is going where you think it is and where it ultimately goes to.

Have you got fuel at the injectors? If you turn the CAS by hand can you hear the injectors? Are the plugs sparking?

Have a read through this (there is some useful info half way through)

https://www.gtrusablog.com/2016/07/nissan-skyline-gt-r-ignition-coils.html

Cas is tested and is working.  Coil amp is tested and working.  Injector dropping resistor tested and working. No spark from plugs and no injections clicking when cas is removed and turned anti clockwise.

I've tested the power at the cas and I am getting 12v on turning the key on but once the fuel pump stops priming it drops to 8.7v and then when turning the engine over sm only getting 10.5v but after a few seconds it stops to 6.7v until I stop turning engine over.

ECU pin 58 is 12v pin 59 is 12v pin 49 12v. On turning the key but once pump stops priming pin 58 stays at 12v pin 59 and pin 49 drop to 6.7v And when turning the engine over all 3 pin drop to 10.5v but after a few seconds of turning the engine over pins 59 and 49 drop to 5.4v and stay like that until I stop turning engine over and they go back to 8.7v.

All loom earth points are good as have given then a good clean up to give a good contact to engine.

What could be the problem.