SAU Community

Custom 4” exhaust r32 gtr

MoMnDadGTR

Well after a lot brain scratching and figuring how we were gunna set this up so I didn’t drag my exhaust all over the province we finally got the exhaust tacked up with the new turbos and greddy down pipe. Been picking away at things during the covid wierdness. Anyway I’m sure there are a lot of guys with nicer systems but here’s ours. Sounds pretty good. Very loud tho. I’ll ad some more pics next time We got the car on hoist. Egt’s way lower now at 1.4 bar of boost injectors need to upgraded from 550 to what ever.

32DAA4D6-EC89-4D70-B308-241AA4BE5F0C.jpeg

• Like 1

this was all stainless steal pieces from vibrant. a little bit pricey for the piping and muffler but damn worth it when it came down to the welding. was nice high quality pipe. exhaust is nicer than the car lol

Looks nice. In this part of the world it would need to be quieter - 90db or so and have CAT or at least a single cell CAT to give the appearance of one.

I am sure there are plenty who get away without such things though

Looks very well made! Nice straight path.

With the loudness I’m replacing my muffler with a Varex Muffler which is like a bi-modal exhaust so you can hit a button and quieten it down a bit in “sensitive situations” ie when you see the cops!

59 minutes ago, Robzilla32 said:

Looks nice. In this part of the world it would need to be quieter - 90db or so and have CAT or at least a single cell CAT to give the appearance of one.

I am sure there are plenty who get away without such things though

i dont know much about numbers but the damn thing sets alarms off left right and centre. i sure love the roar of the rb but its a little bit much for other poeple. i got tons of flow gunna add something midway quiet it down a bit.  

You don't have room for a mid muffler. You put the pipe too close to the tailshaft. You're gunna have to reroute it. We usually use a centre-offset oval muffler in the middle to make it easier to get the pipe route working.

you misunderstood me, and i worded in wrong yes. im going to add a 4" inlet/outlet  5" body resonator after the downpipe beside the driveshaft i have lots of room there...

Edited by MoMnDadGTR

for now ill just drive really slow low rpm in my home town, dont really care about the car being loud in the bigger cities most poeple like it...most lol

• Like 1

Finally got the car back on the lift to get some pictures of the final product for the mates! I take no credit on this one my buddy Rashid is awesome and love when my car gets to go see him in his corner at Toyota. We have a little dyno there which is nice

2EACB72C-BB13-480D-9A25-11C79DC5A864.jpeg

A847CEEB-B3DD-40AB-8BE3-C03F0ACE66ED.jpeg

333722A2-E985-41F3-9FE6-E6941FD2E447.jpeg

8E9FDCAA-F3BB-48DE-B58A-C737D2B27E79.jpeg

6 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

How does it sound?

It’s really loud outside the car but mate it sounds really clean and deep! Bought as good as a set of bottom mount twins can sound. Once I get my single on there I’m sure she will scare children.

well to be honest mate everything is pretty tight now under there but well worth it. its not much worse than a 3.5 if built properly...we went back many times to gain just a few milimeters here and there. I would never go back to another exhaust I wish I knew how to post video of the sound...almost sounds like a r34 single turbo.....VIBRANT parts cant believe I haven't seen more 4" exhausts setup with this tip its nice and small too looks chill.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:02 AM, MoMnDadGTR said:

well to be honest mate everything is pretty tight now under there but well worth it. its not much worse than a 3.5 if built properly...we went back many times to gain just a few milimeters here and there. I would never go back to another exhaust I wish I knew how to post video of the sound...almost sounds like a r34 single turbo.....VIBRANT parts cant believe I haven't seen more 4" exhausts setup with this tip its nice and small too looks chill.

I have no video skills either but I think you can record video with your phone, download it to your computer with your cable and attach it to a post.

I think I got it figured out...don’t really have any videos of it yet but this is with the wife driving with windows up. If your a gtr owner you already know there pretty quiet cars with a cat and a muffler....this one is not lol

it only works if you look at it through your phone...not supported on the computer kind of wierd. i checked it on my i phone and it works fine, on my computer it doesnt work at all. ill get a better video outside of the car ill get her to rip the piss out of the poor girl tomoro and do a nice drive by. ill crank the boost up do a nice pull

Works fine on Google chrome. Takes a while to download.

Car sounds great! Hard to tell just how noisy it is but I guess it would wake the neighbours if you have any nearby...

ya that video doesn't do very good justice. ill get some nice ones over the next few days and post them. it really does have some snap in the hi rpom with the new turbos.