SAU Community

R34 25detneo won't start

Hey guys, first time poster, could really use some help, 

Spent some time doing this setup on my mates 34, one major thing was to keep all the stock stuff functionable an to fit with the aftermarket parts, (merely wanted a clean engine bay) 

Its come time to start it, but won't start....

I didn't use the stock TB, I put on the 88mm the plenum came with an wired up a raceworks TPS sensor, 

I have spark, I have injector pulse, could the elimination of the stock throttle body stop it from starting? 

Thanks in advance 

IMG_20200512_080525_186.jpg

Is the fuel rail plumbed up the right way?

And, if you have the stock ECU, and you have deleted the original TB, including the traction control TB, then you are in for a world of pain. You will have to Nistune the ECU to get rid of the CEL.

Got fuel aswell. 

Doesn't have traction control, but yeah running stock ecu harness etc, just aftermarket bolt ons, 

Is nistune the only option? 

Not really fussed about an engine light at the moment just want to get it running 

Edited by -R34GT-

2 hours ago, -R34GT- said:

Doesn't have traction control, but yeah running stock ecu harness etc, just aftermarket bolt ons,

The standard ECU thinks that there should be a TCS/ABS ECU present. If there is not, there will be fault codes.

The TCS/ABS CU, if it is present, will be freaking out because you have lopped off its throttle motor and position sensor. There will also be ECU fault codes because of this.

Nistune is the only way to make a standard ECU work nicely under this level of abuse. The Neo ECU is fairly obsessive compulsive about a few things.

8 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

How big is that turbo? What ECU are you planning to run it with?

You say you have no ignition light...is  the starter turning the engine?

Engine turns over an everything performs as it should (minus the deleted TB) just doesn't start.

Its a gt35/40, now decided to go aftermarket ecu an loom, only made this post to see if anyone had a possible way to get the car to run an drive as it was with the factory ecu. 

45 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

The car should run, unless you have done something weird.not well but should run. You sure you wired that  tps correctly

Thats what I would have thaught, should atleast start an run, an yeah I double checked the tps wiring, have the voltage aswell, 

Only thing that isn't hooked up is the original TB

images.jpeg

23 minutes ago, -R34GT- said:

Thats what I would have thaught, should atleast start an run, an yeah I double checked the tps wiring, have the voltage aswell, 

Only thing that isn't hooked up is the original TB

images.jpeg

And that is not going to work anyway, that is a switch not a sensor

Try plugging in old tps and traction control throttle body and see what happens. Trying random piggy backs is not going to help you.

Also what's the status of the iac set up?  Did that also fall victim the plan of having a "clean engine bay"

I tried plugging the old throttle body back in before doing the ecu, an it didn't do anything, no noise no movements no starting,

The hks was only put in to try simply cause I was being told that removing the throttle body an its components will cause the ecu to freak out, think it was mentioned in an earlier post too, 

An the Iac is still there an functionable

30 minutes ago, -R34GT- said:

removing the throttle body an its components will cause the ecu to freak out,

I didn't say that it would stop it from starting though.

What does the timing light say about the ignition timing?