SAU Community

Wiring Archeology

Captain Wow

Hey guys, 

I'm delving into some of the wiring on the Stagea and need some helping hands as I'm about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to wiring. It's a S1 C34, which was originally RWD non turbo, auto. It's been manual converted and had an engine conversion out of a R34 GTT skyline, so therefore, now running a RB25DET Neo with a Link G4 plug in ECU. I've recently done a turbo swap and am planning on running EBC and Wideband o2 with the ECU as it has neither of these things at the moment. I'm currently trying to figure out the wiring to wire in both the WB o2 sensor and EBC but upon uncovering the ECU, there has been some previous work gone on with solder and tape. I'm assuming it's in order to get the engine conversion up and running. However, I digress, could someone confirm that the ECU pinout for the R34 GTT is what I'm after when it comes to identifying the wires in the ECU plug, and would anyone also know if the Boost Pressure Solenoid wiring was included in the NA wiring harness or am I going to have to pin that in to the ECU connector? I'm assuming the o2 sensor is somewhere amongst the mess of wiring I'm looking at, although I can't see the plug in the engine bay at the moment. 

I'll also attach some pictures of two plugs that were cable tied to a loom next to the throttle body and if someone could identify those, it'd be great. The first one is a black plug with a blue wire with white trace, and a brown wire pinned in, the second plug is a blue plug with a brown wire and a blue wire pinned in.

Cheers for reading through the novel and trying to make sense of my babble.

- Lance

IMG_4838.jpeg

IMG_4839.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

IMG_4837.jpeg

Ideally you need an auxiliary loom from Link which you can use to run the Mac valve for boost control and also to connect your  AIT sensor and MAP sensor (assuming you are not using the small onboard sensor). If you want help to get your wideband connected you can contact Link - there may be enough info on their website or you can ask for tech support. I am attaching the GTT pinout if you haven't already got it. Who does your tuning? Glen Suckling installed my Link and tunes the car .

GDS 752 Kaipara Coast Highway Kaukapakapa 09 4205630

I have sent a bunch of pinouts - didn't have time to see which ones were any good.

PS the GTT had traction control - not sure what your engine has will have a look at pics later.

Link G4 Manual.pdf Pinouts R34_ecu.pdf R34 pinouts text version.odt R34Pinouts_definitive.xlsx R34 Pinouts with wire colours.ods

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Ideally you need an auxiliary loom from Link which you can use to run the Mac valve for boost control and also to connect your  AIT sensor and MAP sensor (assuming you are not using the small onboard sensor). If you want help to get your wideband connected you can contact Link - there may be enough info on their website or you can ask for tech support. I am attaching the GTT pinout if you haven't already got it. Who does your tuning? Glen Suckling installed my Link and tunes the car .

GDS 752 Kaipara Coast Highway Kaukapakapa 09 4205630

I have sent a bunch of pinouts - didn't have time to see which ones were any good.

PS the GTT had traction control - not sure what your engine has will have a look at pics later.

Link G4 Manual.pdf 518.37 kB · 2 downloads Pinouts R34_ecu.pdf 20.51 kB · 0 downloads R34 pinouts text version.odt 63.26 kB · 0 downloads R34Pinouts_definitive.xlsx 33.55 kB · 0 downloads R34 Pinouts with wire colours.ods 35.41 kB · 0 downloads

I spoke to Link tech support and they said I'd be able to use the factory wiring for the o2 and EBC (that was however, before I thought about the fact that the car was originally NA). Are the AUX looms available for the plug in ECU's or just the wire in ones? I'll still have to have a dig around to find the o2 wiring and I'm guessing I could pin into the the ECU for the MAC solenoid I that wiring isn't in the loom? The car is going into ST Hitec for it's tuning, although this one hasn't been anywhere yet. Appreciate the attachments of the pin outs!

54 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

What enigne loom has been used ? r34 rd25det or has the loom been repinned?
A multi meter is use to trace wiring set to ohms
Is it an G4 or G4+ ecu?
wiring an boost solenoid or widebad is simple pending what sensor you have

Unsure of what loom is in the car at the moment, which is most of my problem really. If I knew that, or how to identify it, I think it'd make all this a lot easier lol. The ECU is a plug in G4 - I opened it up to have a look and the board says it's for a R34 GTS but there's also a few wires cut and joined close to the ECU plug, and a few through the grommet into the engine bay. I've got a generic MAC solenoid and a Innovate LC-2 Wideband controller/o2 sensor.

Cheers for the help and replies so far guys.

IMG_4835.jpeg

IMG_4781.jpeg

IMG_4832.jpeg

I had the stock plug in Link and yes the auxiliary loom will attach (it may be called something else).

You don't need the stock O2 sensor and the position that its in may not be ideal for the wideband sensor. It is simple to add another mounting point on the exhaust. The old G4 had an onboard 2 bar MAP sensor so most people get an aftermarket 3 or 4 bar sensor.

In case you don't know Soichi has left Hi Tech. I believe Glen Suckling has first class computer and tuning skills although he is always busy and not the cheapest in town. Sorry I don't have my Stagea anymore so can't look at it to help you!

Do the aux cables plug into those male pins on the side of the ECU board? I did notice those when it was apart. The car has an external MAP sensor attached to the side of the intake plenum and I didn't see any allocation for it on the board when it was apart. It's not got a stock o2 sensor at all (a very average diy exhaust was on it) and I also can't see the plug for where it would have been at the moment. The LC-2 comes with a bung and I'm rebuilding the exhaust from scratch as part of the turbo upgrade, so I can place it in a better spot when I get to that stage.

I had not realised that Soichi had left, I will get in touch with Glenn when the time comes - he's closer to where I live anyways, so that's handy!

For the sake of not leaving a dead end thread incase anyone with my similar lack of knowledge ever comes looking, NZ-GTT is correct about the blue plug with brown and blue wires, it is from pin 108 and is 'canister purge valve control signal'. The black plug with blue wire, white trace and brown wire is from pin 104 and is 'variable air intake control solenoid valve control signal (rb25de)' or 'turbo pressure control solenoid valve control (rb25det)'. So obviously you can use pin 104 as your MAC valve signal from your aftermarket ECU. The pinouts etc that KiwiRS4T were on point for the pinouts etc.

• Like 1