SAU Community

Rewiring Late model cluster for a early model GTR

So after about 2 years of hunting and missing out I final managed to get my hands on a NISMO 320kph dash cluster only to find out to my horror that it was a late model not an early model cluster. I've seen a post or two outline how to swap out the speedo from the late model to early model cluster but i was wondering if there was any way to rewire the plugs so that cluster will work before I go tearing them apart?

Apologies in advance if there is already a post buried some where regarding this issue but after about two days of failed search result i figured I take a risk and come up on the net. 

52 minutes ago, Radical_Goodspeed said:

So after about 2 years of hunting and missing out I final managed to get my hands on a NISMO 320kph dash cluster only to find out to my horror that it was a late model not an early model cluster. I've seen a post or two outline how to swap out the speedo from the late model to early model cluster but i was wondering if there was any way to rewire the plugs so that cluster will work before I go tearing them apart?

Apologies in advance if there is already a post buried some where regarding this issue but after about two days of failed search result i figured I take a risk and come up on the net. 

Well if you really have an R32 then you probably have an issue right there with the r32 speedo being cable driven.

4 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Well if you really have an R32 then you probably have an issue right there with the r32 speedo being cable driven.

Forgive my ignorance but why would that be an issue considering the speedo on the R32 NISMO 320kph cluster is cable driven as well?

7 hours ago, Radical_Goodspeed said:

Forgive my ignorance but why would that be an issue considering the speedo on the R32 NISMO 320kph cluster is cable driven as well?

You didn't say it was an R32  Nismo  you said it was a late model so I assumed it was an R33 or R34

53 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

You didn't say it was an R32  Nismo  you said it was a late model so I assumed it was an R33 or R34

R32 peeps are all aware of the early/late differences. No shame in not knowing. Just no internet points either.

• Like 1