SAU Community

I'm wanting to get my RB25 beween 500 & 1000 hp

G'day ppl could I get pointers on a full rebuild of anRB@% GTST Series II engine for 500 to 1000 hp. I'm after horsepower and reliability together I dont want to be breaking somthing all the time lol. How much roughly could the rebuild cost aswell rough figures of what other ppl have spent and the ideas aswell would be helpfull. Im also south of brissy qld so any shop recommendations would be greatfull to.

For a start go to the Forced Induction section and look at the RB25 turbo upgrade thread. You will see what people have done to their cars to get more power. Start at the end to avoid a load of outdated gear.

And there is a huge difference both in power and in money between 500 and 1000hp so have a think about how much power you really want.

• Like 1

Estimate at $40k to get everything going reliably 

im guessing u will be paying a workshop as u if you knew what u were doing u wouldn’t be asking such a vague question 

2 hours ago, MrSINNER said:

Thanks fella's I'm going to be doing most of the stuff I can do 

What can you do? Cmon man, this thread is ultra vague!

LOL, reliability for what use?

Dyno queen

Street car

Track hack

Sprints

You need lots of cubes, lots of strong parts, and some boost.

What transmission and drivetrain you using, that stuff can start eating itself at 400hp, let alone being reliable at 500-1000hp, for "some" reliability I would budget around 60-80k, easy, maybe more.

Your also going to need a "spare stash of cash" for when your "reliable setup" breaks.

And it will.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 4:53 PM, Ben C34 said:

What can you do? Cmon man, this thread is ultra vague!

Well at the moment mate I'm rebuilding a LS3 engine out of a senator from ground up and my skyline is my next project I was just seeing what other people thoughts were hoping there was people on here to throw out ideas I might not have thought of

On 5/28/2020 at 5:26 PM, mlr said:

LOL, reliability for what use?

Dyno queen

Street car

Track hack

Sprints

You need lots of cubes, lots of strong parts, and some boost.

What transmission and drivetrain you using, that stuff can start eating itself at 400hp, let alone being reliable at 500-1000hp, for "some" reliability I would budget around 60-80k, easy, maybe more.

Your also going to need a "spare stash of cash" for when your "reliable setup" breaks.

And it will.

Cheers bro I'm setting up for street n track I been researching and I'm just going to aim for 500hp I'm going to run a 6 speed manual transmission and I can apparently get a 9 inch diff made 

23 minutes ago, MrSINNER said:

Cheers bro I'm setting up for street n track I been researching and I'm just going to aim for 500hp I'm going to run a 6 speed manual transmission and I can apparently get a 9 inch diff made 

Nothing wrong with the RB diff.

50 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Nothing wrong with the RB diff.

Really mate I haven't really had much to do with the RB parts as a whole I been into more V8's but I am really loving the RB's. I have seen the limited slip upgrade for them is that the better way to go?

33 minutes ago, MrSINNER said:

Really mate I haven't really had much to do with the RB parts as a whole I been into more V8's but I am really loving the RB's. I have seen the limited slip upgrade for them is that the better way to go?

Kaaz 2-way into the centre and off you go :)