SAU Community

R32 gtr rear diffuser on r32 gtst sedan

Hello,

i was wonder if anyone has any experience or insight on fitting an r32 gtr rear diffuser on an r32 gtst sedan. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Diffuser-Top-Secret-Style-Type-II-For-Nissan-R32-GTR/283707213829?hash=item420e448805:g:v1sAAOSwChtd8Scs

something like this. I can’t seem to find any gtst rear diffusers. I figured maybe some slight trimming as the gtr is wider than the gtst but I’m not sure. Thanks!

The GTR isn't wider in a way that would impact on the diffuser itself fitting. It's not like the diffuser attaches to the bottom edges of the guards. It attaches inboard.

Those spats/pods that are bolted to the outer ends of the diffuser do interface with the guards though. And the GTR guards are ever so slightly wider than the Skyline guards, even right down the bottom there. So, you might expect that the upper edges of those pods would be loose/not contacting the Skyline guards. Whether you could make them sit inwards and line up everywhere as simply as slotting the bolt holes in the bottom....dunno. It would go very very close though.

The real question should be, do they do it with less ugly pods/spats than the ones in the photo? Those are f**king hideous, with all that curvy bullshit hanging out in the breeze behind the wheel. I can promise you that they will get the shit kicked out of them from stones, dirt, etc off the back tyres too.

I have that same style, on r33 though. Yes you can make it fit, with a bit of work. You will also really want it to extend all the way forward, over rear subframe, till it meets pretty much level with the floorplan, if you expect to be effective that it is. And yes it does catch stones/debris, especially outer-side wheel duct.

Oh and you also might need to extend it at the rear, so it doesnt finish to early, under the bump. 

Come to think of it, if i had to do it again i'd just make a custom one.

• 2 months later...