SAU Community

1998 ER34 GT into GTT details

ok, now we are getting some good tech info, so the fuel pump , different from a rb25de and rb25det version?

what are the stock fuel pump differences/numbers?

so what's the recommended pump to put in with the rb25det?.... I see Walbro 255lph pump listed a lot, is that a widely used unit?

Edited by JC71

tank sending unit all reusable from the rb25de stock setup or will tank, sending unit or anything else need to be changed?

I am looking at the 255lph 500HP Upgraded Genuine Walbro Fuel Pump For R34 GTT Skyline RB25DET Neo

thoughts?

Edited by JC71

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

I am looking at the 255lph 500HP Upgraded Genuine Walbro Fuel Pump For R34 GTT Skyline RB25DET Neo

I had one in my old 25GT +t and it was fine, will cover a bit of headroom for more power as well.

Walbro 255 is very old. There are newer better from Walbro and others.

As Ben says above, define your power level, then that defines your fuel flow. That narrows your range of pumps. E85 being a big variable on that of course, both in terms of capacity and whether the pump is rated to live with ethanol or not. The newer Walbros all are. Older Bosch ones (044, 040, etc) make no promises to survive.

not looking at changing everything just a proper fuel pump for a GTT DET engine with all stock internals, turbo etc.

Edited by JC71

I am going to guess and say that the wiring, fuel rail, injectors etc. all don't "need" to be replaced when replacing the pump to allow function of the pump to work properly rather needed if looking to gain possibility of "more power" when changing out other items.

and does any one know the stock LPH  fuel pump rating on a R34 RB25DE and a R34 RB25DET?

Edited by JC71

The wiring harness for the injectors are the same between de neo and det neo, fuel Rail is the same i believe, when i turbo swapped my r34 all i did was simply change the fuel pump. The walbro fits and plugs in directly 

cool, that's what I thought, what pump did you go with?

I am looking at a walbro 255lph  as it seems to be the "smallest" I can find and figure that's probably close to stock. appears to be a in tank replacement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255lph-500HP-Uprated-Genuine-Walbro-Fuel-Pump-For-R34-GTT-Skyline-RB25DET-Neo-/111883558315

Edited by JC71

Yes thats what i used, its been working no problems now for 9ish months now. You can get new from amazon for about 90-100usd. Its legit pull out the old one and plug in the new walbro one, no headache or wiring. All you would have to do is cut A small piece off the bracket so it can fit in

Edited by Dil-Dog