SAU Community

High presure power steering line, rb25det c34 rs4 auto

TheKenso

Hi!

I have had the pleasure of having my high pressure line on my power steering start leeking. 

Tried to so a quick fix to no help, and since stagea parts arent easy to come by where i live, i was wondering if anyone have swapped out the oem with AN connections and hose? 

8 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

What's a servo?

Supose to be power stearing, but i forgot that power stearing was the word when i wrote it, and servo is what we use to call it and sounded rigth in my head, gonna try to get the post fixed

If you don't have access to Nissan parts and can't wait to source them from Amayama  etc then a hose doctor (hyraulic hose repair) such as ENZED, Hydraulink (don't know what brands you have  where you are) should be able to make one for you.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

If you don't have access to Nissan parts and can't wait to source them from Amayama  etc then a hose doctor (hyraulic hose repair) such as ENZED, Hydraulink (don't know what brands you have  where you are) should be able to make one for you.

The w8 i can handle, the 350$ + shipping +25%toll i can not ?

Therfor i wonderd if anyonr had mad eout of AN so i coud just make it myself ?

How could you make it out of AN fittings when there are not AN fitting on the PS pump or the rack? You have whatever fittings Nissan put on there. But these will just be a hydraulic fitting of one sort or another, so if you took the PS line into a hydraulic hose doctor place, they should be able to knock something up.

2 hours ago, WR33KD said:

Im changing all my lines to AN high and low pressure side. It can be done

Yeah, but only with appropriate adapters at each end. Kinda makes the use of AN fittings on the end of the hose itself a bit of a waste of time.

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

How could you make it out of AN fittings when there are not AN fitting on the PS pump or the rack? You have whatever fittings Nissan put on there. But these will just be a hydraulic fitting of one sort or another, so if you took the PS line into a hydraulic hose doctor place, they should be able to knock something up.

Ther is adapter that can be used mostly, on the pump side is a normal banjo so not hard to find

On the rack side is a bit wors but shoud be posible if i can figure out the siced :)

6 hours ago, WR33KD said:

Im changing all my lines to AN high and low pressure side. It can be done

Cous you tell me witch firings are in the rack? Or at least what treada and atuff so i can irder some and try ?

Do you alsoe kbow if the sensor conekted in the presur eline is any inportant? ?

2 hours ago, TheKenso said:

Cous you tell me witch firings are in the rack? Or at least what treada and atuff so i can irder some and try ?

Do you alsoe kbow if the sensor conekted in the presur eline is any inportant? ?

You need to rack fittings that go to an6 and one pump fitting that goes to an6 then an8 from pump to reservior. Hardest part it making sure your long enough so a lot of measuring 

On 30/05/2020 at 12:48 AM, Unzipped Composites said:

AN hose and fittings should not be used for hydraulic applications like power steering. Get a proper hydraulic hose made up - it will probably cost less than trying to do it with AN hose and fittings.

How so? They are strong and can withstand hige presure, as long as you buy the corekt hose :)

The price wil probebly be more expensive if ingo to somone ro make ir due to wher i live, alsow they most likly wont do it because it is car related and stearing related.

1 hour ago, TheKenso said:

The price wil probebly be more expensive if ingo to somone ro make ir due to wher i live

First world country that is smaller than most states in Australia. Just drive to a place that can build you a line.

alsow they most likly wont do it because it is car related and stearing related

I can think of 15 places within a 1hr drive of where I live that will build a power steering line for me. All of them industrial hydraulic places. You should tell your weenie TUV koolaid drinking Euro regulators to shut up and just let people make a hydraulic hose.

• Haha 1

The price wil probebly be more expensive if ingo to somone ro make ir due to wher i live, alsow they most likly wont do it because it is car related and stearing related.

More expensive than what? Mobile hydraulic hose doctors make lines for $million machinery including huge excavators and small forklifts. They make brake parts, steering parts and more for all kinds of vehicles. Do you know how much pressure your steering system can experience momentarily? A professional is going to do a better job than you can  and has the gear to do it.