SAU Community

AC dosent work r33 gtst

Hello, i have a problem with my ac on my skyline, when i press the ac button the compressor turns on but not blowing cold air, 

i filled up the ac system and its not leaking

when i filled it up i had about 7-8 bar of pressure without compressor running, i checked pressures using the ports where you fill ac. when i turned ac on (compressor running) i still had 7-8 bar of pressure, shoudn't it go up? anyone know what it could be? only thing that i can think of is a faulty compressor, how can i diagnose this further?

Yes faulty TXV valve would be my best guess

Once its blocked or gets just a little bit of crap in it it stops working.

Happened to me had it changed out and now it works fine.

If the TX valve is faulty, you can tell by watching the gauges, the low side will draw into a (near) vacuum. So the clutch is definitely engaging on the compressor? And the gauges aren't moving at all? Are you sure the couplings on the charge ports are seated correctly and contacting the schrader valve? Is the discharge pipe getting warm at all? How did you charge the system? Did you evacuate/reclaim the system prior to recharging? Did you vacuum the system prior? How much gas did you put in?

If you did everything correctly, and you're sure the gauges are working, and the clutch on the compressor is engaging, and the gauges aren't moving at all, then the compressor has failed internally.

yes clutch is definetly engaging, i filled up to 500G i think, cant remember exactly but i filled up to what the stickers said in the engine bay, yes i vacumed the system before filling up ac with an ac machine we have at work, cant remember if the low side got a vacum when i tested it, i will test it again this week, i also did a climate control diagnostic, and it did not throw any codes, so  most likely a tx valve or compressor like you said, thanks for info :)

• Like 1