SAU Community

Turbo options

Ok, first off, before I go any further YES im aware of the search button, I'm aware this subject has been covered probably a million times over. And yes I've done abit of research...but just out of curiosity for the 4 people who still give feedback on this site.

- I'm looking for potential turbo options for my 25neo det

My style of driving is mainly spirited runs through the hills, and potentially grip days/hill climb days down the track.

Not looking for 500+kws  just maximum response from 0-180

E.g hi flow 0p6, 3076, tdo6, 25-660 ect

Something worth thinking about is, are you prepared to do this job twice? 

Say you buy the ATR45, and for whatever reason you aren't 100% satisfied. Are you prepared to pull the turbo off, sell it 2nd hand and throw on a $$ turbo?

If you can do the labor and tune it yourself, you might only be out of pocket a few hundred $$. Not bad. But if your paying for the install and tune, you could be out of pocket a couple of thousand $$! Maybe that's ok with you, maybe it's not. 

If you don't want to do this job twice, it might be worth saving up for that big shiny $$ turbo. Hey, if your still not satisfied, you know there is literally nothing better in that category of turbo (and really what your wanting then is a unicorn turbo that makes 20psi at 2000 rpm and flows 500kw which doesn't exist haha). 

my 2c. 

Edited by Murray_Calavera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jairn01 said:

How' does it compare in spool and torque  to say...

The operative part of Murray's response is...

5 hours ago, Murray_Calavera said:

there is literally nothing better in that category of turbo

• Haha 1