SAU Community

BNR34 nissan data scan no speed

Hello,

I'm not able to get the speed using nissan data scan, read 0km/h.
I checked the vehicule speed wire that goes from the cluster to the ECU (continuity test)

I made a self diagnostic on the MFD and the speed is detected.
The speedometer on the cluster is working fine.
I also replaced my original cluster with a brand new NISMO one but still no speed.

This means that the speed sensor is working and the signals from the clusters are fine (the cluster convert the signal from the sensor to the MFD and ECU)

So I'm wondering if nissan data scan read the speed ? (I was not able to find a picture or a video with a speed different of 0 for a r34 gtr)
Everything else is working fine

Or I have an ECU issue ?

Best regards

I don't have a datascan but I see that there are optional settings for speed (Km/hr or miles per hour) . Is there also an "off" option? Have you tried toggling between km and miles?

Which consult cable are you using? I got a cheap eBay cable and it was outputting a weird signal on the pin in the Consult plug that actually contains the speed pulse. When plugged in I got a TCS error on the dash when driving. Cut that wire in the consult cable and all was good - got speed in Nissan Datascan fine. Was a GTT though.

THanks for your inputs guys !

no off option

I try to switch to miles but no success.

I had a look on all the options in nissan data scan and nothing more related to speed...

Well I don't understand your speed pulse meaning? on the consult there is only power, a clock at around 154Khz and the communication bus.

It's a chinese cable (seems good quality, I compared with the original schematic of PLMS that you can find somewhere online) and everything is working except speed....

Thanks for all