• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Sign in to follow this  
Sign in to follow this  
Ottdurr

Ignition coil woes

Vq25det 

Recently had a wobbly misfire with code 1320 and went through the rounds of replacing spark plugs, no result, pulling coils to see what cylinder etc you know the story. 

Found cylinder one had the misfire and the misfire followed the coil into different cylinders when swapped so its definitely that coil. 

Easy fix so I bought a coil off trademe for $38 and boom no more misfire. However the check engine light is still coming on and showing p1320. I've reset it using the accelerator pedal method and it does go away, but it comes on again the next time the car is restarted, with the same code 1320.

The misfire is totally fixed I just need the MIL light to go away, any ideas?

The $38 china coil seems to work perfectly but maybe it's still just throwing a code bacause it's got incorrect resistance or something? 

Edited by Ottdurr

I wouldn't put a $38 coil in my car...especially not in a boosted car. You don't know that its working perfectly you only know that it appears to work. Also I would tend to buy 6 coils as the others are probably on the way out too.

14 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I wouldn't put a $38 coil in my car...especially not in a boosted car. You don't know that its working perfectly you only know that it appears to work. Also I would tend to buy 6 coils as the others are probably on the way out too.

Yeah you're right that's what I get for being a cheapskate 

Yep it was the cheap coil. Problem went away when swapped with genuine coil. Even a used genuine coil is better than a brand new cheap coil it seems 

• Like 2