SAU Community

R34 basic info, fuel, oil, plugs, coolant etc in the US

JC71

1998 ER34  GTT skyline, I am in the US, looking for info:

-what fuel should be ran in this car, completely stock RB25DET?

-what plugs and gap?

-what oil for engine?

-what trans fluid?

-what coolant for engine system?

-rear end diff fluid?

thanks all

Edited by JC71

All that stuff is in this site. Have a look at the FAQ just above your post. Google each item and have a read - you will learn a lot. If you get stuck come back and ask.

I do not find any info on fuel that pertains to pump fuel that is available in the US, we are really lucky to find 91 octane, never seen anything higher then 92, will this be a concern because of the fuel lower resistance to detonation? everything I read for else where it sounds like 98 is commonly found. 87 to 89 is what is normally available around here.

once in a while I find "Non-oxygenated gasoline" but this only pertains to it supposedly not having any additives but an increase in fuels oxygen content. the fuel has no ethanol and is to reduce corrosion problems. but doesn't affect octane rating.

I am also thinking that as most other "newer" cars I have the computer is constantly adjusting the timing for ignition depending on various sensors and readings, therefore preventing pre-ignition knock. is this same for the ER34 GTT skylines?

never had a turbocharged car, looking for sound advise.

Edited by JC71

America uses a Different octane rating. I'm surprised you didn't already know that or find that when googling for stuff.

Just use the highest octane fuel that's available.

But here comes the sound advice, don't buy a skyline in America. They re a stupid amount of money and there are way better options.

I have goggled all of these things and read stuff for many hours before I posted my first, in doing so I gain no real clear answers, this is why I posted here as I was told it was suppose to be a community of people who knew these intricate details, it is clear that everyone has their own opinion, I am not looking for opinions, I am looking for facts. like stock fluids that came in the car when new. if you don't know please don't reply, and don't send me a link to Google or search engine.

Edited by JC71

Mate find the service manual for your car which is readily available with all the info you require. I understand this is a community but help is offered to those who at least try to help themselves. Don't take it to heart.

6 hours ago, JC71 said:

I have goggled all of these things and read stuff for many hours before I posted my first, in doing so I gain no real clear answers, this is why I posted here as I was told it was suppose to be a community of people who knew these intricate details, it is clear that everyone has their own opinion, I am not looking for opinions, I am looking for facts. like stock fluids that came in the car when new. if you don't know please don't reply, and don't send me a link to Google or search engine.

Are you intending to use the genuine Nissan gearbox oil or are you seeking this knowledge to improve your trivia? 

No one ______________ NO ONE  uses the genuine oil. so why care? These cars arent special, they dont need some kind of magical approach to service and maintenance.

gearbox will need a rebuild anyway cos of thrashing, regardless of the 80,000 indicated on odometer.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/06/2020 at 7:23 AM, JC71 said:

1998 ER34  GTT skyline, I am in the US, looking for info:

-what coolant for engine system?

thanks all

LIKE SRSLY? Kerosene does wonders. This isnt a Bugatti dude, just a big ol hunk of iron.