SAU Community

1989 R32 gts4 now rwd. Need front suspension bits

Hey as above but was wondering if it's worthwhile staying oem or going aftermarket. 

Specs:

Approx 200rwkw rb20det

Tein coilovers

Strut braces front and rear (nismo I think)

Street driven, no drift or drag (except street)

18 inch wheels and tyres

Needs L and R top ball joints

L front inner rack end

Is there maybe an aftermarket kit which has all the suspension bits so that I can change them all at once?

Finally is it a fairly easy diy job and if so what tools will I need?

Thanks in advance!

Ps I have attached my alignment report; pretty sure it doesn't look too bad?

15922934389723337538319199008481.jpg

I assume that you just need to change rack ends and upper ball joints. There are no "aftermarket" as in "modified" "upgraded" parts for those. There are "aftermarket" as in "3rd party" with some being equivalent to genuine Nissan/Pitwork and some being obvious cheap nasty China quality.

If you're asking about other suspension arms, like upper and lower control arms and caster rods, then there are many options. Only some of them make sense (financial, or technical). But that's not what you were asking about, was it?

Correct. I'm good at dodgying stuff but the real mechanical stuff not a chance. So where is the best place to go to get the parts? Autobarn etc? And should I do the lower ball joints at the same time to save labour etc?

Kudos, Amayama, JustJap, various others, all stock Nissan/Pitowrk parts. You can also get them from numerous vendors on eBay.

I don't even bother, for stuff like this. I just get my bro-in-law to buy them (he's a mechanic w/ shop) and he gets them from his usual suppliers. If you're not going to tackle the actual swapping of the parts (and these are reasonable sized tasks, so I'd guess you might not) then just getting the mechanic to source them for you will make him a little happier, as he will make some markup on the parts. Most mechanics are only so-so happy to fit owner supplied parts. They'll do it, but they won't like you for it!