SAU Community

G'day! New Stagea RSFour owner in Vic

Timmy0240

Hello everyone!

Over the course of the last few months, I've been planning to get the Stagea my buddy has had sitting in his backyard for who knows how long and turn it into a cool daily wagon. 

After bringing to my house, fitting the engine and gearbox (almost, had to source a gearbag crossmember because they lost it), I was ready to go and buy an airbox and MAF sensor because they lost that too, and then I went and got new spark plugs because they were old and buggered, and a bunch of hose clamps, bolts, part of an R31 wiring loom because a dog made a meal of the auto trans plugs (??? seriously?!?!), then, a full set of injectors because the old ones seized up which was just dandy, then, we found a leak in the water pump so we did a new pump/timing kit (I'm used to Subaru's so if one part is faulty, I just replace the lot, it's easier), then we re-assembled the timing kit wrong and had the retaining spring behind the pulley so we fixed that, and a partridge in a pear tree. :) 

Now, all it needs is a few small bits, a stereo which I'm transferring from my other car and a damn good detail. 

This is my first factory turbo car so please enjoy this dose video I had to make. Even after all this nonsense, I still think it's rad. 

1997 Nissan Stagea RSFour. 

103964772_1145115155841933_6153989466601659595_n.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Timmy0240 said:

Hello everyone!

Over the course of the last few months, I've been planning to get the Stagea my buddy has had sitting in his backyard for who knows how long and turn it into a cool daily wagon. 

After bringing to my house, fitting the engine and gearbox (almost, had to source a gearbag crossmember because they lost it), I was ready to go and buy an airbox and MAF sensor because they lost that too, and then I went and got new spark plugs because they were old and buggered, and a bunch of hose clamps, bolts, part of an R31 wiring loom because a dog made a meal of the auto trans plugs (??? seriously?!?!), then, a full set of injectors because the old ones seized up which was just dandy, then, we found a leak in the water pump so we did a new pump/timing kit (I'm used to Subaru's so if one part is faulty, I just replace the lot, it's easier), then we re-assembled the timing kit wrong and had the retaining spring behind the pulley so we fixed that, and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

Now, all it needs is a few small bits, a stereo which I'm transferring from my other car and a damn good detail. 

This is my first factory turbo car so please enjoy this dose video I had to make. Even after all this nonsense, I still think it's rad. 

1997 Nissan Stagea RSFour. 

103964772_1145115155841933_6153989466601659595_n.jpg

Gidday! Looks like the grill from an N/A car and a pretty non-standard radiator. Any other mods?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Gidday! Looks like the grill from an N/A car and a pretty non-standard radiator. Any other mods?

Ooh, is the grille from an N/A? I like the unicorn badge so it’s definitely staying!! Haha. Um, it has a 3 inch turbo-back and a Nissan Sports diff-back muffler. The radiator is an alloy one my buddy got for it. :D 

58 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Oooh, i like the green. It looks cool, unusual, love it. Welcome. :)

Ditto! It’s also got gold accents which is kinda weird, looks factory though! And some remnants of the factory pin striping which I want to fix. I’d like to keep it a tidy stock example. :) 

Thank you! I like it here. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Pics of my (former) RS4  - front shows the stock grill with RS4 badge:

Stagea 2010.01.04 Frontal.JPG

Stagea 2014 M35 Wheels.jpg

I do like that grille, but I also like my grille... too many options! Lol