SAU Community

Failed Coil

M35.Groot

Had a miss fire when hot under load , sourced a spare AFM from a Pulsar but no change , bonus is now have a spare one .

The car had Yellow Jacket coils already fitted and they will now be referred to as Brown Undies as they are full of shite !!

Brown Undies are not very old either .

Chris donated 5 OEM coils and they where fitted along with new Platinum plugs and miss fire is gone .

Fitted cylinder No:1  Brown Undie coil in cylinder @ position so at least one was good !!

Now have a bit of an education about coils and it seems that even Splitfire are not built to the quality of the Hanshin OEM coils .

Part number 22448-AL610 has been superseded by Hitachi 22448-AL61c and I found these https://zspeed.com/product/hitachi-oem-ignition-coil-pack-set-of-6-350z-g35/?fbclid=IwAR20oT7-vw_MVUHBVu6PdOte_RXjEai_nKyzVEkWNRQLstuqAWxiNg1L-6M

The price is right and then some but are they as robust as the OEM turbo coils ????

Time will tell as we will be getting some .

Edited by M35.Groot
Spelling.

They look to be too cheap to be real. I have not heard any thing bad about splitfires - have used them myself although i guess you can always have a failure. 

Basically all V6 Nissan coils will fit all other Nissan V6's but not the 370z , apparently even the Elgrand , HOWEVER the VQ25det  coils are of a higher spec than all other N/A coils I believe .

From what I have been told even the Splitfire's are not built to the higher turbo spec and are nowhere near as good as the OEM turbo coil , bit naughty of them to list them for the 2.5 turbo V6 .

That link I provided is an OEM Hitachi coil and it is the replacement for the 22448-AL610 .

Don't know why you are posting here as you have already decided to buy some cheap coils because "from what you have been told" Splitfires are not good enough. Good luck.  

• Like 1

Wow aren't you a nice guy !!

I don't know enough to say as haven't had the M35 very long so have to go with others experience .

I have come across some very knowledgeable owners who have waaay more experience than me and I'm just relaying their wisdom .

I have read many times that Splitfire are not as good as OEM .

Did you miss the part on the site where it states that these  are O.E.M Hitachi coils or did you just make assumptions because they are a low price ??