SAU Community

R33 climate control unit

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows if the climate controls from a 93 to at least 96 gtst/gtr would work with each other. they look all the same at the plug in but there are different model numbers and there isnt much info on them.

if anyone can clear this up so i dont buy something that doesnt work would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

Its a fairly common problem as Ive repaired a few of them over time.

Take out the climate control unit.

Un-clip the tabs that hold the fascia on ( there's a few of them and I think you have to unscrew the two holding screws at the back )

Once its apart you'll see the two plastic tabs/hinges that hold the OFF button in place are broken off.

Under the button will be a small white pin that goes into the unit that presses the internal switch.

I discarded this and cut the same length of plastic tube from the inside of a ball point pen and attached it to the small cross on the inside of the OFF button using a small cut down male electrical connector ( 4mm bullet male connector ) and a bit of epoxy glue to get it into place.

Bit of a fiddily job but might be worth it seeing your in Canada

I'll maybe take a crack at taking it apart. Luckily i do have someone local with one which is why i was seeing if it would work coming out of a 96.

so thanks for the info