SAU Community

Thinking about buying a gtst far away

so I found a gtst for sale in Florida which is roughly 12hrs away from where I live. If I fly out there and drive the car back should I worry about it not making it back? the guy claims the vehicle has 40k miles. from the pictures and the video. it sounds and looks very pristine and maintained. there are no mods on the car what so ever. its bonestock. the seller is asking 18k

If you're doing a long ass drive in an unknown condition car i would check the oil frequently, otherwise there's nothing anyone online could know about the ability of any car to travel any distance reliably. Assuming it's stock and well maintained it should be fine.

3 hours ago, Anonymous said:

so I found a gtst for sale in Florida which is roughly 12hrs away from where I live. If I fly out there and drive the car back should I worry about it not making it back? the guy claims the vehicle has 40k miles. from the pictures and the video. it sounds and looks very pristine and maintained. there are no mods on the car what so ever. its bonestock. the seller is asking 18k

Buy mine, 407kW at the real wheels with a real Aussie roller Mainline dyno. Should show up as 600hp+ on a US Mustang dyno.

Wait till covid-19 is over and I'll even take you to a real Aussie pub.

I'm asking $45k USD.

• Like 1

you can bet the japanese have been laughing at Australian asking prices for their old cars for about 30 years. Getting cars registered in the US sounds even harder than here. These cars are worth what people are willing to pay and you can bet Anonymous will have the only one on the street....much better to see than all the ones out here that were getting crashed into poles and sent to sims metal by skid kids.

On 25/06/2020 at 4:40 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

Doubt the mileage. Don't hand over any money til you get there. Better to waste an air fare than $18k

I agree exactly with this. And as long as there is no sign of oil leaks where it is parked, it runs OK and no big clunks on the test drive, drive it home and enjoy it. 

BTW, what is an "air fare". Is flying a pre-apocalypse thing?

On 6/26/2020 at 5:51 PM, Duncan said:

you can bet the japanese have been laughing at Australian asking prices for their old cars for about 30 years. Getting cars registered in the US sounds even harder than here. These cars are worth what people are willing to pay and you can bet Anonymous will have the only one on the street....much better to see than all the ones out here that were getting crashed into poles and sent to sims metal by skid kids.

I agree exactly with this. And as long as there is no sign of oil leaks where it is parked, it runs OK and no big clunks on the test drive, drive it home and enjoy it. 

BTW, what is an "air fare". Is flying a pre-apocalypse thing?

he means the price of flying there. he was saying its better to just pay 300 to fly there instead of 18k for a broken car.