SAU Community

ACT Roll Call

Didn't really get many meets going before, not sure if any will happen now lol.  My R32 is getting rego again in a few days, I'm pretty busy though.

Just saw my profile... I joined 16 years ago.

16 hours ago, Duncan said:

I still drop by when they make me for work, and am based just north of Goulburn these days so ACT is the big smoke for me....

I was up Crookwell -  Laggan way just the other day.....bought a log splitter off a fella up there.  If only I'd know.....coulda called in :)

what sort of person lives in Laggan and doesn't need a log splitter!

I'm not that far up and  more easter (other side of the cookbundoons). In fact, just about half way between Wakefield and Pheasant's Brush....coincidence I'm sure...

• Haha 1

I moved to the ACT area around a year ago from Adelaide.

The Adelaide scene had pretty much died off before I moved, and everything seemed to be younger people that would meet-up/talk via Facebook.  Seems to be similar here.  I guess I'm kinda old and boring these days, though.

Only 13.5 years of Skyline ownership (and sau.com.au membership) for me :)

yeah it sure seems that way but im pretty old school haha, well once i get mine back on the road ill be keen for a Sunday drive every now and again anyone is welcome to join as long as there's no drama/bullshit ?

I'm more west of the ACT, but have been known to visit for that special occasion :)

I did do a few drives with you guys and would have done more but it all died out.

And jrm...I'm old, probably boring as well.  But I'm still a legend in my own mind [to quote D. Harry, no, not the good looking singer, the other one with the .44 magnum :) )

We were doing stagea meets about once a month all the way up till a few years ago when we started joining in on the 'boosters' meets which had a pretty good group of teenagers and adults. We did try and get a skylines group together a few times, but seems the demographic had changed for the worse so i stopped inviting and associating with them.

Boosters meets are still going and still have the same mindset and enthusiasts. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2020 at 8:58 AM, Trex said:

We were doing stagea meets about once a month all the way up till a few years ago when we started joining in on the 'boosters' meets which had a pretty good group of teenagers and adults. We did try and get a skylines group together a few times, but seems the demographic had changed for the worse so i stopped inviting and associating with them.

Boosters meets are still going and still have the same mindset and enthusiasts. 

I'm the skyline demographic.

Whatya tryna say Kent?

13 hours ago, luke gtr said:

I'm the skyline demographic.

Whatya tryna say Kent?

haha so much this. 

also luke. don't try and claim to be one of us, youre still nsw scum 

13 hours ago, Trex said:

haha so much this. 

also luke. don't try and claim to be one of us, youre still nsw scum 

Pffft, you wish you were as cool as me ?

(Metaphorically and literally)

• Like 1