SAU Community

Oil feed line routing

Hi all,

I was wondering what the ideal way to route the turbo oil feed line is? 

The line that Tao supplied is so long it makes me think there is a particular reason for the length. 

I can only really think of 2 options, but both end up with a lot of excess line. I've attached a picture to show my thoughts. The squiggly lines aren't to scale but you get the idea lol

Oil feed routing.jpg

10 hours ago, dyl33 said:

I would of ran it like the red diagram, not next to the dump pipe.

And maybe use some heat proof sleeve over it too.

I think your right. 3rd times the charm!

Originally I was worried about it getting too close to the oil drain line, but the bit it's near is metal. 

Edited by Murray_Calavera

Also, would you not flip the hose around so the 90 degree is off the turbo and it's a nice gentle arch all the way to the fitting on the block?

Here's what I did before with my ex Hypergear ATR45SAT (great turbo, just got carried away with the TS route then replaced it before I tuned it).

20171119_150015_HDR.thumb.jpg.0506f2e3ff835819acf655c1d903a7ad.jpgT03.jpg.ed1381f835801c63ecc97bced93b478d.jpgIMG_20181201_092528.thumb.jpg.c26cf4943da6b4d8b27fdbf002da45ea.jpg

2 hours ago, Murray_Calavera said:

I think your right. 3rd times the charm!

Originally I was worried about it getting too close to the oil drain line, but the bit it's near is metal. 

It can touch the oil drain line, exhaust not so much!

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Also, would you not flip the hose around so the 90 degree is off the turbo and it's a nice gentle arch all the way to the fitting on the block?

Here's what I did before with my ex Hypergear ATR45SAT (great turbo, just got carried away with the TS route then replaced it before I tuned it).

Yep, I've flipped it around and put the heat shielding stuff on it too. I'll get a photo up a bit later.

just putting it oot there...you can also just buy an AN4 stainless end and cut to a suitable length, get rid of the excess. Tao just prob does it that way to avoid emails of ' the line supplied is too short!" so makes it plenty long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hardsteppa said:

just putting it oot there...you can also just buy an AN4 stainless end and cut to a suitable length, get rid of the excess. Tao just prob does it that way to avoid emails of ' the line supplied is too short!" so makes it plenty long.

I wish I could have come up with this myself... especially as I made up that water line =/

Could have got the proper size heat shielding too rather then putting -6 shielding on it to clear  the fittings...

• 6 months later...

On 03/07/2020 at 10:02 PM, Murray_Calavera said:

especially as I made up that water line =/

Your new water return line, did you connect it to behind the head or did you cut the hard pipe and attach it there?

EDIT:  Hang on, how does the water line to your turbo work? 

Edited by Tobz

15 hours ago, Tobz said:

Your new water return line, did you connect it to behind the head or did you cut the hard pipe and attach it there?

EDIT:  Hang on, how does the water line to your turbo work? 

Hey mate, I'm pretty sure I used the factory water line for the one your describing. 

The water line I made up goes from the turbo to the block and you can see it in the above photos.

Let me know if there was something in particular you need more details on.