SAU Community

Are newer cars worth owning and keeping?

Are newer cars worth it?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Trex said:

I wouldn't be too worried about gdi, The intake cleaners work fine at removing the light deposits when done every service. 

From what I can find, GDI servicing is an additional cost over a regular service?
One of those telescopic cameras would be a good investment to check intakes when buying secondhand.

Depends what you want the car for, if you want something that can do everything then go for the modern car. If you want a second car as a weekend toy, go the 90s Japanese car and have a modern daily

On 05/07/2020 at 10:29 AM, Leroy Peterson said:

From what I can find, GDI servicing is an additional cost over a regular service?
One of those telescopic cameras would be a good investment to check intakes when buying secondhand.

I can't confirm. But I'd assume that's true. I would get the Kia Rio it's 15,000k oil  and filter change and I do the intake cleaner myself every second service. 160k on and everything looks clean enough.

I watched this:

and it literally raves about driving and steering feel... because they haven't felt that in a new sports car in 15 years. Not to mention this model is basically 10 years old as well. They say its a dying breed as newer cars feel more and more disconnected from the road and driver.
I guess newer cars only have launch control/traction/0-100kmh speeds to impress people anymore, made more difficult with electric cars stealing that limelight.