SAU Community

Possible swap on R34 RB20DE NEO?

Hi. 
Soon i will be owner of Skyline R34 with RB20DE Neo engine and manual trans.
Car was cheap and has done 209 000 KM.
I dont mind the "poor" power of the engine but it can be in a bad shape.
So what engine type i can "easily" swap in instead of this one?

I looked for the info about this model but this type of car is crazy rare and not much of the info about it...
FYI iam from different country so no P plates or any power restriction but that is not case...
Plan is the 100% reliable engine/car. Skylines(R34) are even rarer in here so spare parts and anything on it i expensive.

Thank you for the info.

I see that you have already asked this question and got all the answers back in March. Did you get a GT4 or is your car RWD only in which case the only difference is you can buy any RB25DET (preferably with a gearbox) and then spend money doing that up.

15 hours ago, Kapr said:

Hi. 
Soon i will be owner of Skyline R34 with RB20DE Neo engine and manual trans.
Car was cheap and has done 209 000 KM.
I dont mind the "poor" power of the engine but it can be in a bad shape.
So what engine type i can "easily" swap in instead of this one?

I looked for the info about this model but this type of car is crazy rare and not much of the info about it...
FYI iam from different country so no P plates or any power restriction but that is not case...
Plan is the 100% reliable engine/car. Skylines(R34) are even rarer in here so spare parts and anything on it i expensive.

Thank you for the info.

The actual answer is

If you need to ask what engine you can easily swap, you can't do it.

18 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I see that you have already asked this question and got all the answers back in March. Did you get a GT4 or is your car RWD only in which case the only difference is you can buy any RB25DET (preferably with a gearbox) and then spend money doing that up.

No that GT4 has rust all over ? This car maybe have "junky" engine but little to no rust in the engine bay(literally no at the worst part)
This is RB20DE NEO RWD.

May i ask why with gearbox? Is it just better to buy(do that) like complete "set" or is the gearbox in this car different?

4 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

The actual answer is

If you need to ask what engine you can easily swap, you can't do it.

Yes i can't do it..but iam just asking for the info just to know what should be the "easiest" option to consider...

6 hours ago, Kapr said:

May i ask why with gearbox? Is it just better to buy(do that) like complete "set" or is the gearbox in this car different?

The RB25DET gearbox is big and strong. Any box that came behind ANY RB20 is not. They do not last long when pushed by a 25.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:55 AM, Kapr said:

Skylines(R34) are even rarer in here so spare parts and anything on it i expensive.

Considering this, why not put in whatever your local meme engine swap option is? ie. in Australia it would be the LS1, surely there's a similar local option in abundance?

Thank you for all yours answers :-)
Ok so with RB25DE(T)...new gearbox(or just complete engine with gearbox already on it).

For the other engines i dont know...in our country people drives 2.0TDI (diesel turbo) :-D
I want to stick with RB family and i looked at my option and best bet is RB25DET (non NEO) from R33 GTS-T

Thanks.
Anyone know anything about this engine?
What about coilpacks and sparkplugs?
What choice do i have here? Can i use one from DET model?
Everywhere i looked only info i can find is about DET not much about DE NEO...:-/