SAU Community

Smurfette R32 GTR build.

12 minutes onwards.

track car that’s spinning to 10,500 rpm using sub 270’s. 1 vote for not 280 brap brap nugs, especially not “soft” jap cams. The advertised duration tells you half the story. What’s the duration at 50 thou?

You are going a large turbo which will benefit from revs plus those cams you have chosen are all about top end high revving so im not sure if 8500 is going to be enough

Wow. Did not even think about either of the points (metal quality, lift at various duration). Fair call on both points. I've never had issues with tomei before but never used anything else either. I have always read that duration is for top end power and lift is for midrange torque. Might have to do some more reading. Problem I find is most of the 1000hp+ cars won't list  am specs. I don't know why. I would have thought info sharing makes for easier product development.

1 hour ago, mr_rbman said:

Chat to Kelford on the phone, tell them what you want. very helpful from mine and many others experience...

Will do. Thank you.

• Like 1

Rust repair and paint done. Also getting the rear duards rolled slightly so I can fit some 315s in them.

Now it's just a waiting game for the rest of the mechanicals to arrive so we can put her back together. Should be on the road by end of September.

received_2982619228679782.jpeg

Edited by khezz

35 minutes ago, khezz said:

Rust repair and paint done. Also getting the rear duards rolled slightly so I can fit some 315s in them.

Now it's just a waiting game for the rest of the mechanicals to arrive so we can put her back together. Should be on the road by end of September.

received_2982619228679782.jpeg

September..... what year? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol. This time. This year. Pretty much everything is either here or in transit due to arrive in June and July. Apart from exhaust and new piping from turbo to intercooler, everything else is bolt on.

It's nice to come home and find car related presents at your door. Deka 2400cc injectors arrived today. Little by little we are getting there.

2 hours ago, khezz said:

It's nice to come home and find car related presents at your door. Deka 2400cc injectors arrived today. Little by little we are getting there.

Glad to see you went real fuel compatible 2000cc + injectors rather than the gas ones most people use 👍 Just remember they are low impedance.

57 minutes ago, BK said:

Glad to see you went real fuel compatible 2000cc + injectors rather than the gas ones most people use 👍 Just remember they are low impedance.

Yeah I kept hearing the ID2000 are ok to run on e85 but seals swell if e85 is left in them for a few days. Plus with power I am chasing I would have to run them at over 90%. Getting Dekas made sense.

As for impedance, happens to all of us after a long night's drinking ethanol. Ill let Haltech sort that out. Aparently for a large Injector they are pretty good at idle and cruise.

So waiting on a quote for the last part of the shopping list. Suggestions and advice always welcome.

Precision 7685gen2 with T4 6boost manifold and 60mm gate. Ceramic coated with exhaust benie.

2x turbosmart bovs

3x walbro 535lph pumps (1 for main tank. 2 for surge tank)

Raceworks 2.8l surge tank

2000 fuel pressure regulator

Nitto full gasket kit

Nitto 1.2mm head gasket.

Clear front cam cover

Billet top cam covers

Haltech 2500

Ati balancer

Prp r35 coil kit

Prp pro 36-2 cam/crank trigger kit

Pwr 55mm radiator.

The rest I either have or its in transit.

Sounds like a pretty nice shopping list.  Probably a good 15 or 16 grand worth of tasty goodies in there!

I'd love to tell you that's all you'll need but as you probably know by now it never is, there's always something else you think you need part way through the build!

Look forward to seeing it all come together, should be a well sorted build.

Im sure there will be a truck full of hoses, clamps, fittings, etc etc etc. Car is coming back from panel and paint today. 0 rust, all new engine bay panels, strengthened welds. Can't wait.

12 minutes ago, khezz said:

Im sure there will be a truck full of hoses, clamps, fittings, etc etc etc. Car is coming back from panel and paint today. 0 rust, all new engine bay panels, strengthened welds. Can't wait.

Nice!  The one thing I know I should do on mine while it's all in bits is to paint the engine bay at the very least but I just can't bring myself to do it!  I'm better off getting the thing on the road then I can go back to aesthetics later on!

Yeah the hoses and clamps and fittings add up to an insane amount of money!  You can never be prepared for the amount of extra stuff you need.

• Haha 1

Why 2 blow off valves? Surely you aren't going to run the stock cold side intercooler piping so just put a single raceport bov on it and be done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reaper said:

Why 2 blow off valves? Surely you aren't going to run the stock cold side intercooler piping so just put a single raceport bov on it and be done.

Running a trust drag intercooler (works fine and satisfies my early japanese tuner look nostalgia) piping will be all custom made to suit. We will be running around 40psi of boost. Engine is sleeved and can hold 60psi if needed. Hopefully not. Just want to make sure that when throttle is shut off at high rpm, all of that air is vented out. Just extra precaution. Bovs are relatively cheap. Turbos aren't.

On 17/05/2021 at 10:55 AM, khezz said:

Running a trust drag intercooler (works fine and satisfies my early japanese tuner look nostalgia) piping will be all custom made to suit. We will be running around 40psi of boost. Engine is sleeved and can hold 60psi if needed. Hopefully not. Just want to make sure that when throttle is shut off at high rpm, all of that air is vented out. Just extra precaution. Bovs are relatively cheap. Turbos aren't.

A single raceport will be plenty big enough for what you are doing. I know of cars with bigger setups than yours running just a single one without an issue.

In fact we had to over spring mine just to keep it from opening too much and my setup is not far off what yours will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reaper said:

A single raceport will be plenty big enough for what you are doing. I know of cars with bigger setups than yours running just a single one without an issue.

In fact we had to over spring mine just to keep it from opening too much and my setup is not far off what yours will be.

Ordering turbo smart race port gen V. Was going to run one on either side of intercooler piping. You recon one on the turbo side will be enough.