SAU Community

2005 v35 skyline manual swap from 2003

Is it possible to do a manual swap to a 2005 v35 sedan from a 2003 v35 coupe. 

I understand the centre console needs to be modified for handbrake, I plan to use a hydro as its for a drift car. 

I understand there are tailshaft mods that need to be done, I already talked to a shop and they believe can just modify the front half of the shaft with the 2005 v35s since they didn't run rubber couplings. 

The part I'm unsure about is tricking the auto ecu into running in neutral mode, if the cross member from a v35 coupe will fit a sedan for the conversion. 

Any help and advice is much appreciated thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Blakeo said:

Is it possible to do a manual swap to a 2005 v35 sedan from a 2003 v35 coupe. 

I understand the centre console needs to be modified for handbrake, I plan to use a hydro as its for a drift car. 

I understand there are tailshaft mods that need to be done, I already talked to a shop and they believe can just modify the front half of the shaft with the 2005 v35s since they didn't run rubber couplings. 

The part I'm unsure about is tricking the auto ecu into running in neutral mode, if the cross member from a v35 coupe will fit a sedan for the conversion. 

Any help and advice is much appreciated thank you. 

Also is the 2003 v35 coupe fuel tank the same as a 2005 fuel tank? 

coupe vs sedan Fuel tank is different.

Coupe vs sedan Front cross member is different (not sure how but part numbers are different)

Transmission mount is different between auto 5AT and 6MT. (6MT same as CVT)

No idea how to make the ECU happy..

On 7/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, sonicii said:

coupe vs sedan Fuel tank is different.

Coupe vs sedan Front cross member is different (not sure how but part numbers are different)

Transmission mount is different between auto 5AT and 6MT. (6MT same as CVT)

No idea how to make the ECU happy..

So glad I just went ahead and did it instead of listening to the internet. 

For anyone else wondering. 

Today I swapped out a rusty V35 sedan fuel tank (350gt 2005) with a tank from a 2003 v35 coupe. 

100 percent the same, I see amayama has two different part numbers that bit I'm not sure why. 

The only difference i found was the tube inside the tank which sucks from the other side of the saddle doesnt suit the sedan fuel pump assembly.

I just cut it off, and replaced it with fuel rated 3/8th hose and fit perfect with two hose clamps. 

Thats all that was needed, beat paying nissan $1500 for a new fuel tank. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:16 PM, Blakeo said:

100 percent the same, I see amayama has two different part numbers that bit I'm not sure why. 

The only difference i found was the tube inside the tank which sucks from the other side of the saddle doesnt suit the sedan fuel pump assembly.

So 100% the same except for the bits that are different? :)

I suspect the part numbers are different because of the difference?

37 minutes ago, sonicii said:

So 100% the same except for the bits that are different? :)

I suspect the part numbers are different because of the difference?

The difference isn't in the fuel tank, rather the fuel pump lines. 

Thanks for the correction even though you apparently (due to your previous "advice") don't know what your talking about. 

For those playing at home, the 2003 coupe used a barb and clamp to retain tbe hose. Whilst my 2005 sedan uses push locks. 

All I did was adapt the hose to push lock fitting. 

Job done. 

• Like 1