SAU Community

Wiper Blades - CPV35

Order the proper off set ones from Nissan, but get some new refills from SCA to tide you over...

Found some close ones at Autobarn when I had my Skyline, and threw away the old ones, before I realised that the new ones were a close fit, not an exact fit, and did not have the offset mount, so had blades that were 1cm to the left of where they were supposed to be... ? 

Won't help you if you're in a hurry to get replacement wipers but unless someone has found the Australian equivalents here, I have Bosch Icon (complete arms) on mine, which I bought from the US via eBay. They are mounted in the opposite direction of what they were intended for, given the RHD vs LHD thing, so they look a little oddly placed. Bugger it though - they work and they work really well.

They just perform better for longer compared to all the usual blades you find at our typical retailers in Oz. They have a funky design to them to combat winds at high speeds so that the wind isn't fighting against your wiper motor on the freeway but in reality, you'd have to be doing some seriously illegal speeds or driving through a hurricane to have that as a problem. That, however, is why they look a little oddly placed when upside down.

On 24/07/2020 at 3:14 PM, The Max said:

Fair question but I read this and figured if it really is the case, then that's the way I'll go.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?s=b24f005f56e46e74ecc0926c5b0349d9&p=19652599&postcount=13

I know it's dangerous to take the word of a BMW driver but I like to live on the edge sometimes.

I'm a BMW driver now ?

I can't see why you can't just bung in ICON or AeroTwin. Hell since it's a Nissan I'm assuming they have J-hook wiper connection (easy peasy to change).

2 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

I can't see why you can't just bung in ICON or AeroTwin. Hell since it's a Nissan I'm assuming they have J-hook wiper connection (easy peasy to change).

Because I haven't seen any Bosch Icon wipers sold here in Australia, only Aerotwin. The Icon wipers are made for LHD instead of RHD. Replacing them is definitely as easy as you describe but their orientation is a bit odd for the reason I explained before about the funky asymmetrical aerodynamic design.