SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Neil's Motorsport Shed

Neil

On 18/09/2021 at 11:23 AM, Victory said:

As usual we think alike as I have exactly the same press.

Like Duncan, I have also had issues with a part being too long and I have had to move the press 90 degrees to allow it to fit in. After this happened a few times I just left it on the floor. These things are heavy and do not move around and therefore do not realy need to be bolted down.

Yep, crazy idea bolting it down, I learned that lesson using Duncan's at his old place. The thing weighs 67kg's, no reason to bolt it down.

On 07/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, Neil said:

Ewan, I think the supercheap one is the same as mine just smaller. Bet they are all made in china by the same manufacturer.

Yeah no doubt. I'm tempted to buy another one and join them together but too hard because of the collector/hopper needing to be joined too. Too hard...

With your dishwasher and my household oven (for powdercoating parts) in our sheds we could run cooking and home keeping classes for men to raise money for our projects? Just an idea.....  🤣

• Haha 1

On 07/10/2021 at 3:55 PM, Neil said:

Yep, crazy idea bolting it down, I learned that lesson using Duncan's at his old place. The thing weighs 67kg's, no reason to bolt it down.

I put mine on wheels. Makes it super easy to keep moving it from one side of the shed to another when it constantly gets in the way!

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Shoota_77 said:

Yeah no doubt. I'm tempted to buy another one and join them together but too hard because of the collector/hopper needing to be joined too. Too hard...

With your dishwasher and my household oven (for powdercoating parts) in our sheds we could run cooking and home keeping classes for men to raise money for our projects? Just an idea.....  🤣

Nah, just buy a bigger one mate, Duncan went big, would be great for his input.

Not sure I want to eat out of your oven, Yuk.

Yeah I went next size up, the style that comes with it's own stand rather than bench mount....fits everything larger I've tried like plenum, engine covers, uprights

And yes, Neil convinced me to pull mine apart and put sealing foam in years ago. absolute PITA job but it does seal properly now so I guess it was worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

With summer coming I thought it prudent to actually do something about re-installing the air conditioner. I was going to go to Bunnings, but marketplace came to the rescue again. A bloke was giving away off cuts so I took all of them and made up brackets to mount the evaporator to the water tanks steel base mount behind the shed. That was a job I actually enjoyed doing, used the mig welder, so much fun. Then I properly mounted the inside units bracket and got a bloke out to give me a quote on running the pipes with covers over them, insulate them and re-gassing the system. We had an interesting conversation, he asked me what I expected it to do and I said if it takes 10 degrees off the shed temps then I’m happy. Then I said to him what do you think about running a sprinkler system on the roof, I got a strange look, so I explained to him that I did this in Sydney. He said we only do that up here as a bush fire aid, but it would absolutely help the air cond, he’s booked for Monday arvo. So I’m going to start that as my next project, I’m thinking I’ll use the transfer pump to supply water up to the roof from the tank and it can run back into the tank using the gutters. Just have to buy the piping and fittings, see how this one goes.1979842362_20211015_162825(0)1660.thumb.jpg.5df8e15ed0adcb7e4db1efd3ee78d380.jpg

Cheers

Neil.

20211015_162903[1662].jpg

20211015_162929[1664].jpg

20211015_162951[1666].jpg

20211016_143251[1668].jpg

What bloody summer, it's 1o here this morning. I knew Global Warming was a conspiracy to reset the world economy by skinsuit wearing lizard people who unleashed covid via the 5g towers

Also....it's not instagram unless you show us pics of your welds. I somehow forgot to take any pics of the repairs I did to the slasher a couple of weeks ago

I said Summer was coming you lunatic. Sorry but I'm not on Instagram, so no pics of my awesome welding but the air con bloke was impressed. Great service from him, turned up on time to quote and turned up early to do the job. I was a bit worried about re-commissioning it after some years in storage, but it works perfectly. Now I have to sit down and work out what bits I need for the sprinkler system.

• 3 weeks later...

Cruisey update today, I need to start getting stuff off the floor. I store my rags in a plastic bucket which just always seems to be in the bloody road, so using 2 BMW roof airbag transport protectors I mounted them to the sides of the cabinets. The man that invented thread inserts is a legend. Here’s what I did. So now the bucket can go up on the mezzanine floor.

cage4.jpg

cage1.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage5.jpg