SAU Community

Rb26 NPC twin plate clutch

Hi all just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with the npc twin plates. I drives fine but feels funny at high revs 8000+ it seems to get stuck to the floor a little when launching the car or changing gears quickly. My previous single plate npc clutch had no issues. Clutch is only 4000km old.

I also cracked my gearbox housing and lost 5th and reverse gear car is only pushing 400kw through a par straight cut gearbox.

I've got just a single plate NPC clutch that was supposed to be good for over 600hp, was slipping on the dyno around high 400's.

Current tune is around 420hp and haven't had any real issues but was disappointed with it slipping because it's the only thing holding me back from an e85 tune. Only went with them because people seemed to have no issues but I was let down.

I currently run a single 10" NPC clutch too and it's holding 407kW just fine.

You may need to adjust the clutch pedal as it might be riding the clutch ever so slightly.

In regards to the pedal sinking to the floor, are you still using the factory clutch damper? If so delete that POS ?

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I currently run a single 10" NPC clutch too and it's holding 407kW just fine.

You may need to adjust the clutch pedal as it might be riding the clutch ever so slightly.

In regards to the pedal sinking to the floor, are you still using the factory clutch damper? If so delete that POS ?

Yeah I just switched back to the single plate its holding fine so far, haven't launched the thing yet, are you running the standard gearbox still? If so how aggressive do you change into 3rd? It wasn't haven't this issue on the single plate it must be something wrong with the clutch, I did see rubbing marks on the springs of the clutch plate sending it back to npc.

I'm still running the standard gearbox, it's an Edward Lees special edition with close to 500k kms on it lol.

It's done 1x track day with the new motor and has exploded yet, has done over half a dozen track days with 372kW before the old motor let go.

I rarely smash it into 3rd hard, because it grinds every time above 7k rpm, so I need to literally ease it into 3rd when I shift and make sure I'm under 7k rpm. 

I wonder if you were also running the wrong bearing carrier which caused the throw out bearing to be riding on the pressure plate