SAU Community

how are manuals worth more than autos?

To my understanding automatics are worth more than manuals. But every manual head seems to think otherwise. Prove to me why you are right. Ill start the debate off with the fact that automatic transmissions have more parts. Are more advanced in tech. And more expensive to produce overall. So how would a manual akyline be worth more than an auto lol. And autos have tiptronic. Best of both worlds.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grayz said:

To my understanding automatics are worth more than manuals. But every manual head seems to think otherwise. Prove to me why you are right. Ill start the debate off with the fact that automatic transmissions have more parts. Are more advanced in tech. And more expensive to produce overall. So how would a manual akyline be worth more than an auto lol. And autos have tiptronic. Best of both worlds.

This is a troll, right?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

This is a troll, right?

I would be inclined to give a real answer but there's no point in answering when it's clear it's just in search of affirmation. OP probably bought an auto Skyline and is now experiencing buyer's remorse.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

OP has never driven a good manual car. Autos are wonderful for freeway driving on cruise the family and stop start traffic. That's it, manual is better for driving fun everywhere else.  (oh Auto better for drags).

Manuals are better for track, twisting roads, even freeway pulls. Double clutching, heel and toe, clutch in revs, choosing your own RPM for launches, flicking the lever through a fast change at the cutout. All these things bring me great joy and satisfaction. 

Autos are for when I am not interested in driving for fun and simply want to arrive at my destination without any interest in being a hoon or having fun.

For what it's worth, a slushbox GTR would suck in my opinion.

Edited by Steve85
Added drag racing to Auto pros...

5 minutes ago, mlr said:

My auto is epic shopping trolley hoon machine.

Do a skid for baby Jebus. 

your auto is epic rebound from mad manual ricerboy car.. you'll get bored.. no wait you already bought a bike

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GTofuS-T said:

your auto is epic rebound from mad manual ricerboy car.. you'll get bored.. no wait you already bought a bike

LOL, yeap

I do still want a turbo MX5, manual of course.

Prove to me why you are right. Ill start the debate off with the fact that automatic transmissions have more parts. Are more advanced in tech. And more expensive to produce overall. So how would a manual akyline be worth more than an auto lol.

prove to you, lol the cry of the new generation. "I'm the centre of the universe and you must prove your point of view worthy to ME." 

ok sure - supply and demand. 

Troll level 1000% btw, good reaction on here already. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

literally

Nah. Family life. I'll drive very nicely with them on-board. Currently looking for a car to drive itself down the freeway... (V60 or Model 3 maybe).

GTR though... yeah. Some of my antics cannot be discussed here without me getting in super duper double trouble. lol just like the rest of you!

On 19/07/2020 at 7:18 AM, Grayz said:

And autos have tiptronic. Best of both worlds

Yeah, best of both worlds, until something breaks.

Also auto normally does what it wants, not what your want. Also likes to be lazy, sap a lot more engine power, and die randomly, giving you a fun time towing and fixing it.

Given that, my latest car is a 2series BMW with 8 speed auto. Will be fun fixing that.

3 hours ago, RedEmblem said:

Because they are drivers cars. No one wants an automatic Skyline, 200sx, 180sx, WRX, EVO or RX7.

Millennials do.....apparently.....