SAU Community

how are manuals worth more than autos?

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

Millennials don't buy cars at all....we've hit peak global car sales, all downhill from here.

My millennials don't, my millennials get cars bought for them.

Bloody kids.

Imagine all the, holidays with the Mrs, all the cool cars and bikes I could have if I stopped feeding, clothing and supporting my 3 financial burdens.

In other news.....a guy at work got a new Corolla hatch, after taking it for a spin, and thinking how comfortable and nippy the car was, I went into a state of depression, you really know your getting old when a auto Corolla seems like an attractive purchase.

Its all about the market my friend!

A normal daily commuter car (95% of cars that have ever existed) - Yes Autos are more expensive, cause its in demand and theres a broad market.

90s Jap car - Manual will always be more expensive - its an enthusiast market, its our toy, not an A - B essential. Also a 90s manual is faster than a 90s/00s auto. 

6 hours ago, Duncan said:

Millennials don't buy cars at all....we've hit peak global car sales, all downhill from here.

Well this is bullsh*t. I've got four cars (down from 5). Millennials all have cars. It's the generation after us that doesn't bother. 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2020 at 7:18 AM, Grayz said:

To my understanding automatics are worth more than manuals. But every manual head seems to think otherwise. Prove to me why you are right. Ill start the debate off with the fact that automatic transmissions have more parts. Are more advanced in tech. And more expensive to produce overall. So how would a manual akyline be worth more than an auto lol. And autos have tiptronic. Best of both worlds.

Well as far as an auto r33 goes, lets just say the most excitement you'll have is flicking that overdrive switch on and off