SAU Community

Indicator fault help needed!

hi, 

ive recently installed a wideband gauge and a turbo timer and since then I have lost the use of my indicator and hazard lights on my c35 laurel( they both don’t work but did previously.

I wired the turbo timer into the key harness going into the barrel & ran the wideband from the power going into my guages, I’m not using the ecu wire just yet so the remaining wires have been taped off.. 

I have removed the turbo timer and they still don’t work, I have checked all the fuses in the drivers foot well for any breaks and also checked the fuses in the engine bay 

any ideas on what’s at fault??? 

thanks in advance ?

7C5DAB32-4619-4C7B-97B4-5DFC5BFBA4A4.thumb.jpeg.fa127f9d3f847b68b09b7aba14388688.jpeg

I think I read that it pulls 1.3amp on normal and 2.3amp when heating.. maybe it should be ran directly to the battery?? I thought the power to the guages would be sufficient?? Would that cause the indicator and hazard to stop working?? I don’t have the bung installed yet. 

cheers GTSBoy

OK. 2 amps or so shouldn't be enough to cause too much trouble.

On that basis, I am just going to guess that you have dislodged something while futzing about under the dash. You should get the wiring diagram for your car, or a similar car (hint, later R34 or V35 types might be close enough to show you how Nissan were doing things) to see where there should be power, where there should be earth and what sort of plugs might be involved under the dash. Then go probing with a multimeter to find out where the pixies are and where they aren't.

• Like 1

Cheers man!! Before I left I checked the hazard switch and it was getting 12v, the stick in the steering column works with the lights just not the indicator, I’ll check out the wiring diagrams while I’m away and when i get back in a few week from work I’ll have to get searching with the multimeter as it’s a must fix job ? managed to get the driftworks suspension arms on and did a clean and wax so the weekend wasn’t an entire waste ?7C13A516-B5CD-419A-A376-2C462DD8D171.thumb.jpeg.cdc7d8028724ef7730d86c2ccdc6e3f3.jpeg