• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Previous owner in japan seems to have disabled my cel and I can't figure out how to fix the issue. I get nothing when I turn the ignition on and when I start the car. Checked the bulb in the cluster, it's fine. Checked continuity from the bulb trace to the ecu and that's fine. #32 orange black wire. The ecu seems to not be sending a signal to the bulb. Tried activating the codes via the consult plug and that doesn't get it to light up either. On a side note, i can't get my laptop to connect to the ecu either. Using datascan. I am literally at a loss. 

cel.jpg

Edited by "G"

Ok. I removed the mines ecu and installed a stock ecu. Same issue. 

Faulty pin in the plug? Loom been molested?

Often times, with Japanese cars, they will share the obd fuse with something else. If you can't communicate with the scan tool at all, check to see if you have power at the obd port and check all fuses. 

Turns out the ecu fuse (10 amp) was blown. Now I have a cel while cranking. See attached video. Is this normal for it not to turn on while ign is on? Also i still can't get in to the diagnosis mode to read codes. I am arcing the 2 pins for 2 secs. If i have no codes is anything supposed to happen? 

I still can't get my laptop to connect to this program >> https://conzult.com/

Is there a better software i should be using?

celv.MOV

Edited by "G"

bump, i'm having this same issue. cant connect to data scan or nistune. I checked the inside of the ecu and all points look good. My ecu diag led light also does nothing...

Edited by smart_garrett

I'm pretty sure the cel should illuminate with the ignition on, but before starting. Mine only illuminates while cranking. Something is going on with the wiring for sure.