SAU Community

Front Pipe Compatibility BNR34/BCNR33/BNR32

Hi folks,

I've been having a hard time finding some concrete information regarding front pipe compatibility between the BNR34, BCNR33, and BNR32 front pipes.  From the research I've done, I see some people say that the BNR34 front pipe is 2" shorter than the BCNR33 BNR32's and that the exhaust system needs to be pulled closer to the front pipe to fit or a longer cat can be used.  I've also found that some people say that fitment is all the same.  I ask as I'm interested in a MINES front pipe and most the ones I see for sale on yahoo auctions say they are for BNR34 but they note they are compatible with the BCNR33 and BNR32.  When I go on the MINES website it isn't clear either as there's no part number listed that differentiates between the models.  Basically, can anyone confirm that a front pipe from a BNR34, or BNR32 for that matter, will bolt up to my factory cat converter on my BNCR33 or do I need an extension of some sort?  Maybe the front pipes and cat's are all the same length, but the exhaust is longer on the BNCR33 which in that case all would be good. 

There's also a used Midori Seibi pipe on yahoo auctions right now but the sound of an equal length pipe is memorizing which is why I'm looking for a MINES Pro.  I know Fujitsubo and Reimax also make isometric pipes as well. 

Thank you all!

Definitely 32 - 34 the same. Go to RHDjapan and check it out, same part number. I'm assuming your talking about the twin 70mm/single 80mm front pipe. 63mm to 85mm, 2-bolt flanges generally have a 105mm bolt hole centre spacing, which is the standard dump pipe, front pipe and cat sizes. Nearly everything uses this size for the bolt on stuff.

But bolt hole spacing of flanges change if you go near the twin 75mm/single 90mm pipes though (like the Midori Seibi 90mm). 3.5" / 90mm flanges generally go up to a 118mm bolt hole spacing, meaning different cat flanges and cat back flange.

A 90mm, 2-bolt, 105mm bolt hole centre exhaust flange does exist, but I am yet to see any bolt on stuff use it.

Awesome, thank you Ben for the thorough answer.  And you're right, I'm talking about the twin 70mm/single 80mm front pipe.  I also just found a RSR equal length pipe that I'm interested in and it's exactly the same 70mm/80mm setup.  I'll just get it all and bolt it up.  I bet that Midori 90mm setup is sweet though, but man the sound of the equal length is awesome.  Midori is only an hour away from me though hmmmm haha.  Next is outlets and am leaning towards the Tomei to mate with the 80mm front pipe.

Appreciate all the help, cheers and have a great weekend!