SAU Community

Newb from Maryland, USA

Cones

Hello to all!  My name is Tim and I recently imported an R32 GTR from Japan.  I am a lifelong car enthusiast and, like many enthusiasts my age, the Skyline has been a dream car since my Gran Turismo gaming days.  I have already spent countless hours reading through this forum, and I will continue to do-so, but I created this profile so I can be a contributor as well.  Hopefully a good one.  Cheers! 

GTR at port 1.jpg

GTR at port 2.jpg

GTR at port 3.jpg

GTR on Trailier.jpg

IMG_3166.JPEG

GTR in Driveway.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matty George said:

Hey man congratulations on the purchase. Nothing like a pure white GTR32. I have one as well exactly the same. Enjoy the ride and the moding journey. The cash goes pretty quick but the car goes even quicker??

You're not kidding. I'm learning that lesson very quickly - spun a bearing after less than 500 miles of driving.  ?

56 minutes ago, Matty George said:

Holy shit that’s no good. What are your plans with the car in the future

It's at a shop now in queue for the teardown, and it has quickly turned into one of those "since the motor is out" situations.  But if I'm going spend the money to rebuild the motor I should do it properly, right?  Forged internals, addressing the oiling issues, block brace, -5's, fuel, clutch, etc., etc. 

26 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

?

The front differential is integrated into the sump and, at higher HP levels, the twisting force can cause the block to flex and potentially crack. The brace is a billet girdle that reinforces the button end to prevent the twisting/cracking.  Mine is from JHH Racing. 

53EFE652-7D26-4F63-8A01-CCFC2762EB94.jpeg

1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

I’m guessing PRP block brace? -5’s are nice if you want to stay twins, but since it’s out... a single turbo conversion with a precision 64/66 would be even nicer. ?

welcome aboard 

I did give some consideration to a single turbo setup. No question they make power more efficiently, but I'm happy with a mild build at this point.  Also, retaining a fairly stock appearance is appealing to me so I decided to stick with the low mount twins. The forged internals and brace leave me the option to go nuts if I ever change my mind down the road. But that's assuming my wife let's me have access to the savings account again....  

Welcome dude! I just popped up here recently as I’m a new Skyline owner myself. I’m in VA, but grew up in MD. What part of MD, if you don’t mind me asking? 

Edited by LiteraCola

13 minutes ago, LiteraCola said:

Welcome dude! I just popped up here recently as I’m a new Skyline owner myself. I’m in VA, but grew up in MD. What part of MD, if you don’t mind me asking? 

Haha I grew up in Virginia but moved to Maryland two years ago. I'm in Southern Maryland, Hughesville area.  You're just over the Harry Nice then, right?

Edited by Cones

1 minute ago, Cones said:

Haha I grew up in Virginia but moved to Maryland two years ago. I'm in Southern Maryland, Hughesville area.  You're just over the Harry Nice then, right?

Haha yes sir! Nice to see another skyline owner  so close! I’m over in MD a lot since I work over there, and my family is still there. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LiteraCola said:

Haha yes sir! Nice to see another skyline owner  so close! I’m over in MD a lot since I work over there, and my family is still there. 

Very cool! I've seen two R32's in Waldorf within the last two months, and a close friend of mine has a 32 and a 35, so there are a few in the area. We'll have to do a meet-up/cruise when I get my car back. Hopefully by end of September. 

10 hours ago, Cones said:

Very cool! I've seen two R32's in Waldorf within the last two months, and a close friend of mine has a 32 and a 35, so there are a few in the area. We'll have to do a meet-up/cruise when I get my car back. Hopefully by end of September. 

Sounds good man, let me know! Ive seen about the same amount here, but still no 33’s (which I secretly like) haha. There’s a dude out in Fredericksburg with a 32gtr that goes by Goodezilla on YouTube. His car is supposedly pretty badass, like 600+whp. I think he’s part of a Skyline group of some kind, maybe 5 or 6 cars, all 32’s. 
I used to keep up on that shit on FB, but I’ve been social media-free for a few months now. I’m a little out of the loop now haha

Edited by LiteraCola

23 minutes ago, True Slide said:

Maryland is fairly close to me. Im in central nj and in September there will be a 2nd annual skyline meet if your interested

Will this be in Jersey? Can you PM me some information about this? Thanks