Jump to content
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


Recommended Posts

Hello to all!  My name is Tim and I recently imported an R32 GTR from Japan.  I am a lifelong car enthusiast and, like many enthusiasts my age, the Skyline has been a dream car since my Gran Turismo gaming days.  I have already spent countless hours reading through this forum, and I will continue to do-so, but I created this profile so I can be a contributor as well.  Hopefully a good one.  Cheers! 

 

GTR at port 1.jpg

GTR at port 2.jpg

GTR at port 3.jpg

GTR on Trailier.jpg

IMG_3166.JPEG

GTR in Driveway.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man congratulations on the purchase. Nothing like a pure white GTR32. I have one as well exactly the same. Enjoy the ride and the moding journey. The cash goes pretty quick but the car goes even quicker🤛🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matty George said:

Hey man congratulations on the purchase. Nothing like a pure white GTR32. I have one as well exactly the same. Enjoy the ride and the moding journey. The cash goes pretty quick but the car goes even quicker🤛🏼

You're not kidding. I'm learning that lesson very quickly - spun a bearing after less than 500 miles of driving.  😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Matty George said:

Holy shit that’s no good. What are your plans with the car in the future

It's at a shop now in queue for the teardown, and it has quickly turned into one of those "since the motor is out" situations.  But if I'm going spend the money to rebuild the motor I should do it properly, right?  Forged internals, addressing the oiling issues, block brace, -5's, fuel, clutch, etc., etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cones said:

block brace

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing PRP block brace? -5’s are nice if you want to stay twins, but since it’s out... a single turbo conversion with a precision 64/66 would be even nicer. 😁

welcome aboard 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

?

The front differential is integrated into the sump and, at higher HP levels, the twisting force can cause the block to flex and potentially crack. The brace is a billet girdle that reinforces the button end to prevent the twisting/cracking.  Mine is from JHH Racing. 

53EFE652-7D26-4F63-8A01-CCFC2762EB94.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old man 32 GTR said:

I’m guessing PRP block brace? -5’s are nice if you want to stay twins, but since it’s out... a single turbo conversion with a precision 64/66 would be even nicer. 😁

welcome aboard 

I did give some consideration to a single turbo setup. No question they make power more efficiently, but I'm happy with a mild build at this point.  Also, retaining a fairly stock appearance is appealing to me so I decided to stick with the low mount twins. The forged internals and brace leave me the option to go nuts if I ever change my mind down the road. But that's assuming my wife let's me have access to the savings account again....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cones said:

button end

*bottom end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work. Do it right and do it once. I’ve just gone -9’s on mine. Wanted to stay twin  as I’m not chasing 800 hp. Keep us posted with build. Guys on here give good advice mate, they have helped me heaps

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome dude! I just popped up here recently as I’m a new Skyline owner myself. I’m in VA, but grew up in MD. What part of MD, if you don’t mind me asking? 

Edited by LiteraCola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LiteraCola said:

Welcome dude! I just popped up here recently as I’m a new Skyline owner myself. I’m in VA, but grew up in MD. What part of MD, if you don’t mind me asking? 

Haha I grew up in Virginia but moved to Maryland two years ago. I'm in Southern Maryland, Hughesville area.  You're just over the Harry Nice then, right?

Edited by Cones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cones said:

Haha I grew up in Virginia but moved to Maryland two years ago. I'm in Southern Maryland, Hughesville area.  You're just over the Harry Nice then, right?

Haha yes sir! Nice to see another skyline owner  so close! I’m over in MD a lot since I work over there, and my family is still there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LiteraCola said:

Haha yes sir! Nice to see another skyline owner  so close! I’m over in MD a lot since I work over there, and my family is still there. 

Very cool! I've seen two R32's in Waldorf within the last two months, and a close friend of mine has a 32 and a 35, so there are a few in the area. We'll have to do a meet-up/cruise when I get my car back. Hopefully by end of September. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cones said:

Very cool! I've seen two R32's in Waldorf within the last two months, and a close friend of mine has a 32 and a 35, so there are a few in the area. We'll have to do a meet-up/cruise when I get my car back. Hopefully by end of September. 

Sounds good man, let me know! Ive seen about the same amount here, but still no 33’s (which I secretly like) haha. There’s a dude out in Fredericksburg with a 32gtr that goes by Goodezilla on YouTube. His car is supposedly pretty badass, like 600+whp. I think he’s part of a Skyline group of some kind, maybe 5 or 6 cars, all 32’s. 
I used to keep up on that shit on FB, but I’ve been social media-free for a few months now. I’m a little out of the loop now haha

Edited by LiteraCola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maryland is fairly close to me. Im in central nj and in September there will be a 2nd annual skyline meet if your interested

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, True Slide said:

Maryland is fairly close to me. Im in central nj and in September there will be a 2nd annual skyline meet if your interested

Will this be in Jersey? Can you PM me some information about this? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LiteraCola said:

Will this be in Jersey? Can you PM me some information about this? Thanks

Ya i got you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...