• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

On 8/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, True Slide said:

Maryland is fairly close to me. Im in central nj and in September there will be a 2nd annual skyline meet if your interested

That sounds awesome, definitely interested. I'm hoping to have my car back mid,September

1 hour ago, Cones said:

That sounds awesome, definitely interested. I'm hoping to have my car back mid,September

Me too. Mine has been at the paint shop for 3 weeks. They were supposed to be done in 2 weeks but havent touched it.

1 hour ago, LiteraCola said:

Hey dude, any word on the car yet? 

Sadly, no update at the moment.  Block has been at the machine shop since late August, but they're typically a 3-4 weeks turnaround time.  Hopefully soon though!

How are you enjoying yours?  Anything new?  

1 hour ago, True Slide said:

I got the date wrong, its OCT 4 not sept for the skyline meet. in NJ

I've had to adjust my expectations on this projects timeline, and I'm not hopeful to have my car back that soon, but maybe I'll get lucky. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, Cones said:

Sadly, no update at the moment.  Block has been at the machine shop since late August, but they're typically a 3-4 weeks turnaround time.  Hopefully soon though!

How are you enjoying yours?  Anything new?  

Well that's unfortunate, sorry to hear that. 

I've been driving the nuts off mine, all over the place man haha. As far as new additions, I installed a new stereo system. Nothing crazy, but way better than the OEM paper speakers. Tonight I'll be cutting the resonator out of the exhaust for a little more noise. It's got what looks like an Apexi Dunk Megaphone Honestly, that's about it. Home projects have slowed down the ole' Skyline fund!

Edited by LiteraCola
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, LiteraCola said:

I've been driving the nuts off mine, all over the place

I'm jealous! I didn't get much seat time before the bearings retired lol. I'll definitely make up for the lost time though! 

Definitely let me know when you get it back on the road; I'd love to meet up and check that thing out! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LiteraCola said:

Definitely let me know when you get it back on the road; I'd love to meet up and check that thing out! 

I certainly will.  I haven't seen an R33 up close, other than spotting one on the highway, so I'm excited to see yours!  

Check out the build thread:

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/481155-r32-gtr-engine-build-in-the-us/

17 minutes ago, Cones said:

I certainly will.  I haven't seen an R33 up close, other than spotting one on the highway, so I'm excited to see yours!  

Check out the build thread:

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/481155-r32-gtr-engine-build-in-the-us/

It's funny; before I went to check out this car the first time, it was the first time I'd ever seen an R33 in real-life haha. I've had the car since July 15th, and I haven't seen another one yet. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any R32's since then either.