SAU Community

R34 Gtt and Gtr wheel hubs!

Hey all

im trying to fit 19” x8” +30 on my Gtt, though with 245/40’s they hit the suspension arm(can’t remember name) inner side of wheel!

ive read Gtr have no problem with 19” rims.

Is this because the hub protrudes further out than on a Gtt? Or is the arm longer?

any help appreciated!

also wound going to a235/35 tyre fit?

thanks

Um.... the 19" part of it should make no difference to this problem at all. Although it does depend on what exactly is hitting where.

But first.....8" wide wheels with a +30 offset should fit without hitting anything. People put R33 GTR wheels on these cars all the time. They are 17x8 +30. No problems. Usually an 8" wide wheel will be done with a +35 or +38 offset which would be MORE LIKELY to hit the suspension than a +30 would, and these are fine too.

And no, the difference between 17" and 19" wheels should not make any difference here. Again, except for one issue, which we will cover next.

19" wheels with 245/40 tyres on them have a total diameter of 678.6mm. The more-or-less-correct size for these cars is a 235/45 on a 17" rim (or other combos that are approximately the same). That size wheel & tyre has an OD of 643.3mm. So the tyres you're trying to squeeze into that wheel well are 35mm overall bigger, or they stick out radially from the centre of the hub by an extra 17mm. So this is where we come back to where I said earlier, "It depends on what exactly is hitting where".

Now, I refuse to believe that any part of the wheel is hitting on anything (so long as the wheel specs you have given are correct). But I am perfectly willing to believe that the tyre diameter is just too big and you are able to hit stuff that you shouldn't if you have the correct size tyre.

The correct size tyre, at 245 wide on that 19" rim, would be 235/35. That would give an OD of 647mm, which is only slightly bigger than "correct". There aren't really any alternatives around those sizes that won't be either drastically too wide or too small in sidewall height.

Hey,

Wow thanks for the reply!

Ok so I don’t actually mean the rim itself is the problem! The tyre is what hits the part just above the tyre! at 245/40/19. Think it’s called upright? Joins to the wishbone with bush!

actually v35 forged rays rims! Which are +30 offset! 19x8”

Anyway I’m thinking going 235/35 tyres might clear everything!