SAU Community

Big brake kits for R33 gts25t

Hey guys, I'm looking at a budget big brake kit for my r33 gts25t. 

I've been looking at the alcon 6 pot front and 4 pot rear, but $6000 is out of my budget. 

I've done some research, I can pickup porsche/Mercedes/Cadillac 6 pot calipers for $800-1000. Has anyone been running these on their r33 and know if theres custom dogbone kits for them? 

Otherwise any other cheaper options for a 6 pot front and 4 pot rear? 

Thank you ?

Other than looks or very serious track use, I'm not sure why you would need anything other than upgraded pads and rotors. But if you are determined to upgrade the ATTKD stuff is by far the best bang for buck - $2k for brand new calipers, pads, rotors, lines and the required adapters https://justjap.com/catalog/product/view/id/20577/s/attkd-brake-kit-nissan-skyline-r33-93-98/

There was a recent discussion and some people have gone the alpha omega Evo 10 kit for skylines which is also a good option but doesn't compare price wise unless you have access to good condition evo 10 calipers

• Like 1

Another vote for the ATTKD kit from justjap, mine has been flawless. Don't buy the K-sport kit, thry are a bunch of useless lying flogs that wouldn't know the right kit if it fell off their shelf and hit them in their stupid head..

Ok vented now.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Duncan said:

Other than looks or very serious track use, I'm not sure why you would need anything other than upgraded pads and rotors. But if you are determined to upgrade the ATTKD stuff is by far the best bang for buck - $2k for brand new calipers, pads, rotors, lines and the required adapters https://justjap.com/catalog/product/view/id/20577/s/attkd-brake-kit-nissan-skyline-r33-93-98/

There was a recent discussion and some people have gone the alpha omega Evo 10 kit for skylines which is also a good option but doesn't compare price wise unless you have access to good condition evo 10 calipers

Hey Duncan, 

Ended up buying the Attkd kit you suggested thank you ?

My friend is running the Alpha Omega Kit on his 34, he has issues with pad squeal because the pad over laps the rotor. He's waiting to see how I go with this kit (just encase anyone reading this thread is looking at the evo swap option, otherwise he's happy with it) 

Thank you. 

9 hours ago, Blakeo said:

Hey Duncan, 

Ended up buying the Attkd kit you suggested thank you ?

My friend is running the Alpha Omega Kit on his 34, he has issues with pad squeal because the pad over laps the rotor. He's waiting to see how I go with this kit (just encase anyone reading this thread is looking at the evo swap option, otherwise he's happy with it) 

Thank you. 

Evo brembo's are notorious for squeeling even on an actual evo! mine squeeled the whole time i owned one ?