SAU Community

Any venue to test veichle speed and stability?

shadow85

Does anyone know if there is a place in Adelaide that we can hire out to legally test our veichle at high speed in a straight line. Just want to do some testing and diagnosing on the car.

I was thinking a small airport may allow it? I have heard of in the past that Regency would get you to hire out such a place for vehicle stability testing and brake testing. I am unsure where that is and if the public can hire it for their own pruposes.

You could enquire about either Mallala or The Bend. Hiring the whole facility just to use the straight for some testing would probably be horrifically expensive. But you may be able to work in with someone else who is hiring the track, either for engineering/testing purposes of their own, or a club track day where you could arrange to have the straight at lunchtime, say.

6 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

You could enquire about either Mallala or The Bend. Hiring the whole facility just to use the straight for some testing would probably be horrifically expensive. But you may be able to work in with someone else who is hiring the track, either for engineering/testing purposes of their own, or a club track day where you could arrange to have the straight at lunchtime, say.

Yea it looks like my best bet is going to be just doing it at a track day or something.

No way I would want to privately hire a straight part of the bend, just any track day tickets alone cost an arm and a leg lol

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

Or you could just use a private road somewhere in Mexico like the rest of us. Shh, i didn't just say that.

Haha, I may or may not have done this several times already ;) lol

But, yeah i need a large road because I am testing my cars launching stability issues, its been sending me violently sideways, so its a bit dangerous to do on the streets. The reason why i prefer to go somewhere more suited like a track or something, but was hoping it was more private then a track day with many other people.

Edited by shadow85