SAU Community

RB25DET rebuilt OEMish shortblock

RB25DET shortblock for sale, as the new forged motor is in the final stages of being lubed and inserted into the waiting cavity of my engine bay. Make no mistake, this is not your average RB25 shortblock that's been thrashed to death with cracked ringlands and no oil changes for 7 years. No son, this engine was hand built by myself just on 12 months (9000 k's )  back with - full strip down and clean of all parts, OEM pistons cleaned and checked, new ARP rod bolts fitted, cylinders honed and new OEM Nissan piston rings fitted, new OEM rod and mains bearings fitted, new OEM Nissan mains bolts fitted.  I ain't gonna bullshit you and say, I only ever ran stock boost # LIAR!!, of course not, it ran 17 psi with a very healthy maintenance schedule of Castrol edge 10w-40, and not enough ignition timing in the tune for my liking, zero markings on pistons, compression is 157-162 across all cylinders, it runs freakin fantastic. 

I had been tossing off whether to keep it as a spare but my garage is crowded enough as it is. This is a bare shortblock so you will need your own everything else, but I can include, stock Nissan oil pump, used (but reusable) ARP head studs, IRIWAY 7 spark plugs, rear main seal/retainer. 

Pickup in Brisbane at $600; can post interstate but the current covid ' ting means some delays there...and postage at yo' cost of course.