SAU Community

Spongey Brake Pedal R34

I have upgraded to R34GTT F+R brakes on my N/A R34 with braided lines all round.

I have bled the brakes about 4 times due to the pedal being extremely spongey (the brakes definitely work after road testing) but I can basically touch the floor with the brake pedal if i stand on the pedal.

I will add this: I did notice the spongey pedal prior to upgrading the calipers but never really thought enough of it considering that I was planning to upgrade the brake system shortly anyway. So the problem could be elsewhere unrelated to this upgrade.

Is there any chance of the ABS module needing to be specially bled? Or could it be a fked master cylinder bypassing or something and how can I check? thanks guys

3 hours ago, Cressida83 said:

I have upgraded to R34GTT F+R brakes on my N/A R34 with braided lines all round.

I have bled the brakes about 4 times due to the pedal being extremely spongey (the brakes definitely work after road testing) but I can basically touch the floor with the brake pedal if i stand on the pedal.

I will add this: I did notice the spongey pedal prior to upgrading the calipers but never really thought enough of it considering that I was planning to upgrade the brake system shortly anyway. So the problem could be elsewhere unrelated to this upgrade.

Is there any chance of the ABS module needing to be specially bled? Or could it be a fked master cylinder bypassing or something and how can I check? thanks guys

Absolutely the abs will need bleeding. Its 1 of the highest points in the system so the air will definitely make its way there.