SAU Community

Full-Race Ets-Pro Install Into R32 Gtr Question

Niklas

I hope that I can explain my problem. 

I wan´t to hard wire my ETS-PRO. But the can´t really understand the instructions when it comes too the point of connecting the pressure switch. 

It is supposed to be connected to the low side of the relay. But from what I can make out from the schematics is has two wires. 

The instructions just say that the wire should be connected to the low side of the relay. 

Has anyone hard wired there ETS-PRO and give me some advice?

Can you post up the instructions?

"Low side" would mean the side of the relay that doesn't have 12v; in nissans of this age generally the earth is switched, not the 12v side. Nissan Factory relays are generally 4 wire and don't follow the usual naming standard of 30 and 87 being switched, and 85 and 86 being the trigger side but the same concept applies (and it will be shown on top of the relay). 2 of the terminals are the main 12v feed from the battery and to the device. The other 2 terminals (shown with a coil between them) join the first pair of wires when 12v is on one terminal and earth on the other. To turn the device on there is usually constant 12v (or it comes on with key on ACC, or IGN), and then the other terminal is set to earth by a control unit when the device should be turned on.

So, have a look at the relay to work out which pin is which, the remove it from it's holder and use a multimeter to see which trigger terminal has 12v (constant, ACC or IGN). The other trigger terminal is the "low side" of the relay.

Thanks for the reply. 

Link to full instructions. 

https://www.full-race.com/articles/ets-pro-universal-install-guide/

Under "Installation Wiring Option 1: Hard Wiring ETS-PRO" you can read the following:

If hard wiring the ATTESA pump motor, the pump will require a simple 12V 30A Bosch style relay and fuse – similar to wiring a fuel pump and available at most auto part stores like NAPA. The ATTESA pump has a built in pressure switch used to disconnect voltage to the pump when max pressure is reached, this pressure switch should be used to “interrupt” the low side of the relay

Some customers may opt to leave the entirely stock atessa ecu and wiring in place, but disconnected from the actual PWM solenoid, Instead running the ETS-PRO directly to the solenoid. The only thing to do is the mandatory 5 wires, and optional sixth is the ebrake or 2wd cutout – this is the easiest and fastest way to install and retain MFD functionality(installation update for R34 update will follow).

In the photos attached you can see that the pressure switch has two wires coming out and in the circut diagram its the same. 

This is the part I don´t understand. I can connect a new relay (I have read that a 40 Amp relay is needed here on SAU) but since there is two wires, how does the pressure switch work and how is the two wires supposed to be connected?

Thankful for your help!

ets-pro-install-guide2_clip_image006.jpg

ets-pro-install-guide2_clip_image008.jpg

Considering the length of the installation write up, you'd think they would include a wiring diagram, especially when it is so intrusive. One option would be to ask them for a diagram instead of just description (some saying about pictures being worth a thousand words....)

My understanding is the 12v to the pump needs a 30A power supply, through a relay triggered by IGN and the pressure switch. Of the 2 wires into the pressure switch, one should have continuity to earth (leave this), the other will trigger the relay)

Wiring to the relay (my understanding, I've never done this and the instructions aren't great....)

85 - connect to the pressure switch wire which does not have continuity to earth. I believe that is terminal 4 on the diagram but check

86 - 12v from IGN position of key. You can take this from any source that has 12v only when the key in at IGN.

30 - 12v, 30A fused power feed (from battery or other known high amp source)

87 - 12v to the pump. The other wire on the pump can go straight to a good earth.

Also, there is more information on the stock system and wiring pC-57 onwards in the 32 GTR manual.

Having said all that, in the case of a basic road car install, in recommended order:

1. Get an auto electrician to do this, expect it to take probably a day

2. Connect it to the existing wiring and relays, which is why they provided the ATTESSA computer pin outs. Everything you need is already there assuming it was working OK

3. Wire from scratch as you seem to be doing is the hardest if you are not familiar with auto electrica

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, hattori hanzo said:

How have people proceeded with providing TPS input from a DBW into thpro?

use an extra analogue output from ecu.

• 2 weeks later...