SAU Community

Help with mounting 008 coil packs

WAYNOS86

They earth so they need mounting half descent being my problem and being 008 they pack alot of punch so nothing too close otherwise she gonna spark out I just figured because they make these 008 for the RB especially that there would be a R33 or R34 bracket that holds them on the rb25det 

Hell no buddy they were listed on eBay to fit my vehicle a 97 rsfour stagea, got the part opened the box and obviously wrong part. Clearly won't fit without modifications to a bracket of some sort. After research they are much stronger than 005 but I'm just after advise on how to mount these, or even if they will work on my series of 1 stag, somebody could want swaps and have my reverse problem. No pissing contest but kudos won't refund or send me the correct part without taking 30% so sau it is

I would be more than surprised if any Splitfire was more powerful than any other Splitfire.

There is no real difference between a Splitfire made to suit a vanilla 25 and a Splitfire made to suit a Neo25, except the physical fitting.

Your research is faulty. Whoever is saying that one is stronger than the other is smoking crack.

(And it is not that hard to work out that if you have a Neo engine, you need Neo coils.)

And if Kudos are really wanting over $800 for a set these days, it is madness to even consider buying them when the step up to some R35 coils is not that far.

I bought a crate engine out of a series 2 laurel rb25det neo, I have sorted everything out all but the coil pack bracket. When I got the engagement me it had 008 just floating point under the cover. Upon putting it all together I can't find a bracket to install them properly other than a rb25det series one 005 coil pack holder. eBay or JDM pages don't list anything to hold these 008 in place. 

2 hours ago, WAYNOS86 said:

I bought a crate engine out of a series 2 laurel rb25det neo, I have sorted everything out all but the coil pack bracket. When I got the engagement me it had 008 just floating point under the cover. Upon putting it all together I can't find a bracket to install them properly other than a rb25det series one 005 coil pack holder. eBay or JDM pages don't list anything to hold these 008 in place. 

Just draw one up with the required holes on paper. Then transfer to suitable piece of ally and cut the holes and shape the outside. Take you 2 hours, max.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:52 PM, WAYNOS86 said:

kudos won't refund or send me the correct part without taking 30% so sau it is

That sounds like a crock of shit to me.. I've they've sent you the wrong item surely they'd offer an exchange... ? Unless you ordered the wrong part number?

• Like 1