SAU Community

GK Tech Suspension components - R34 Gtt

Hi all. Had a decent browse through the forums already. Haven't seen much convo on GK Tech products recently.

Looking to do the usual stuff. HICAS delete, adjustable camber, castor, toe arms etc. I'be been looking at GK as an option.

Just looking for some feedback from others who have real experience with their products. Do you recommend, or would point me somewhere else?

Aiming at mostly street use and want to be able to track occasionally.

Just do it. All their stuff is good.

Be aware that most GK-Tech arms have spherical joints, which depending on where you are might be anything from legal to impossible-to-make-legal, typically requiring at least an engineering cert to get approval. If you have an accident and need to claim insurance and it can be proved that a non-roadworthy modification contributed to the incident, then your insurers are perfectly within their rights to deny the claim. That means not just your damage, but the Porsche Taycan that also got written off. So balance your risk accordingly.

Used alot of gktech stuff, no issues worth mentioning. Mostly fairly good with product issues, warranties etc, in my experience, which is close enough; no one is perfect including myself as a customer/user.

Their suspension components are predominately all rose jointed/pillow ball which are great for directness and feel on track, but can add more harshness and vibration on the street as well as be more prone to wear so will need to be inspected more regularly on a street car, although they have dust boots to shield them from contamination.

If you want components with standard pressed rubber bushings, hardrace have options which will give you closer to OEM longevity and compliance, while being able to be dialed in for performance.

I have GK tech rear camber arms, rear sub-frame collars and front roll center adjusters on my R34 which only does about 5-6000ks a year, they make quality parts and i wanted to support Australian owned and made, you just have to know the differences and decide what's best for you.

Edited by JGTC

I have GK-Tech front upper arms (on an R32, where these are a big problem), obviously with spherical joints, and Tein front caster rods, with spherical joints, but I have Hardrace rubber bushed rear camber arms and tension rods for exactly the reasons mentioned above.